What's new

Copy and Paste Sketches from Solidworks to Alibre Atom3D V22

mkc2862

Hello all.

I haven't used Alibre for a few months, so I am reacquainting myself with it. The reason for that was that my old laptop was struggling with Alibre, and I had an old version of Solidworks which it could run. I've recently replaced my laptop , so I am back with Atom3D.

I seem to recall that I was able to copy and paste sketches from Solidworks into Atom3D, but find I cannot now. I highlight the sketch items, then Control C in SW, then jump over to Atom3D sketch sheet and Control V, but nothing happens - or at least, nothing appears to happen.

Now I wonder if I am missing something in the page/sheet set-up? Has something changed going to V22 that changes this from happening?

It's also possible that my memory is faulty and I didn't do this in Solidworks to Atom, but instead AutoCAD to Atom, although I am pretty certain it did....I remember thinking that this was going to come in handy as it would save me having to redraw things I have done in Solidworks.

Regards,

Michael

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I'm not aware that you can copy a sketch from either AutoCAD or SolidWorks into Alibre without first saving it as a DXF and opening that as a drawing in Alibre which you then copy and paste into the Part Sketch. That said, have you tried to paste the sketch into the Part Sketch rather than a drawing?

mkc2862

Hi Harold,

Thanks for the reply. I've since tried doing it a number of ways and not succeeded, so I think I'm going to have to out it down as a mistake on my part. Perhaps I was going into Solidworks from AutoCAD.

Cheers,

Michael