What's new

Hypershot suspends trials and Web purchases...

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Dear loyal HyperShot users,

You may have noticed that the HyperShot trial available from the home page is no longer available.
This is because a piece of underlying technology that we licensed is no longer available to us.
This is no way effects current licensed HyperShot users.

We are hoping that this is a temporary situation and we will return to normal trials and web store availability soon.
In the meantime, we are putting marketing focus on HyperMove our animation tool.
If you haven't tried this yet, get your 30 trial today here:

http://www.bunkspeed.com/hypermove/demo/

Over the next few weeks we will be having regular HyperMove webinars where we'll be teaching how to animate your HyperShot files and more. We hope to see you there.

Thank you all for your patience.

The Bunkspeed Team

@mikeschn
What do you mean with Bummer?

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
I'm not mikeschn, but "Bummer" generally means that the person is really disappointed or depressed by whatever news elicited the remark.

If I understand the short thread correctly, some key technology in Hypershot can no longer be used my Bunkspeed in their products and that could mean that they are no longer able to distribute new versions or even sell the current version to new owners. Users that already own the product could still use it but can't expect any updates or upgrades.

That reminds me - does Hypershot run under Windows 7?

Mike

mikeschn

What Mike Henry said!

I have a copy of Hypershot on my Vista Laptop, and it works fine, so it should work when I upgrade it to Win 7.

Mike...

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
ralf3 said:
...What do you mean with Bummer?
Bummer that this happened just when Bunkspeed was getting ready to roll out HS-10.

Bummer that Bunkspeed decided to develop and launch the Mac version before a Windows version, even though on their own Webinars the Mac users were a very small minority and they even commented that the Mac had a small following for HS.

Another Bummer is that I was planning to upgrade my Web version to HD with a 64 bit system and add HDRI LightStudio. Now that does not look likely. Hopefully Bunkspeed can recover from this setback. But until then it looks like I'm SOL.

There was this discussion about other rendering solutions in the $1000 range. It may be time to reevaluate HS if Bunkspeed can't rise to the occasion.

H.
v12.0

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Perhaps this is the reason:
http://www.luxion.com/products.html
HyperShot is an interactive rendering program developed by Luxion. HyperShot is the first standalone interactive ray tracing and global illumination program available. It imports a wide variety of CAD formats from popular CAD software packages and makes it easy and fast to produce photorealistic renderings of these CAD models. The HyperShot 1.x series was sold by Bunkspeed until December 31st, 2009.

Luxion is currently finalizing the second generation of our HyperShot software. We expect to release a beta version in January 2010.

mikeschn

I'm SOL too.

I tried Maxwell, but when I imported my CAD data, some of the components ended up at absolute 0,0,0. That would never work. Can you imagine a wheel in the center of the car. :roll:

I bought Hypershot 1.9 after confirming that I would get the free upgrade to Hypershot 10. Now there a serious doubt if Hypershot 10 for the PC will ever happen.

Prior to buying Hypershot 1.9 I was evaluating Carrara and Cinema 4D(student edition). Now, unfortunately, I may have to go back to one of those...

The closest product that I've seen to hypershot is CINEMA 4D Engineering Edition. But I don't have $2500 to spend on a hobby. So what's left? Lightworks?

Yea, bummer!

Mike...

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
NateLiqGrav said:
Luxion is currently finalizing the second generation of our HyperShot software. We expect to release a beta version in January 2010.

They must have just updated their web site. I was just looking at it this last week and did not notice this little bit of info. Thanks Nate.

Mike, Have you looked at Modo? ( http://www.luxology.com/ ) It's one that I've been looking at since it imports SolidWorks parts and assemblies, in 32 bit only though. It is also what SolidWorks has "modeled" their PhotoView 360 after, although with some sever limitations for animations so far. I like the fact that for the price of HyperShot there seems to be a lot more functions, including the ability to create HDRI's. Someone mentioned that you had to purchase a CAD disk though. :? And all the training videos I've seen on their web site are for sale, no free webinars there. :cry: :cry:

H
v12.0

Ralf

Alibre Super User
MikeHenry said:
I'm not mikeschn, but "Bummer" generally means that the person is really disappointed or depressed by whatever news elicited the remark.

If I understand the short thread correctly, some key technology in Hypershot can no longer be used my Bunkspeed in their products and that could mean that they are no longer able to distribute new versions or even sell the current version to new owners. Users that already own the product could still use it but can't expect any updates or upgrades.

That reminds me - does Hypershot run under Windows 7?

Mike

Hi Mike,

If I try to translate: Bummer -> in German = Niete, but Niete -> English = Rivet :?
That was the reason for my question.

You can use HyperShot with Windows 7 32/64 bit there are no problems.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
mikeschn said:
What Mike Henry said!

I have a copy of Hypershot on my Vista Laptop, and it works fine, so it should work when I upgrade it to Win 7.

Mike...

Mike,

You can save your existing HyperShot license file.
64 bit: C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed\HyperShot\bin64\hyperShot.lic
32 bit: C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed\HyperShot\bin\hyperShot.lic

The HS license file contains your Host ID.

After upgrading to Windows 7 you can insert your license file: (It must be the same computer/HostID)
64 bit: C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed\HyperShot\bin64\
32 bit: C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed\HyperShot\bin\

Ralf

Alibre Super User
I have a modo 401 license, but Modo does not meet my requirements in many ways.

The alternative could be Vray for Rhino, but Rhino V4 and 64 bit :roll:
and Vray is not so easy to learn and there is no realtime...

I will wait for an announcement of Bunkspeed.
It is still too early to beat the horse, because it is still very active and does his job. :D

NateLiqGrav said:
http://www.luxion.com/products.html
HyperShot is an interactive rendering program developed by Luxion. HyperShot is the first standalone interactive ray tracing and global illumination program available. It imports a wide variety of CAD formats from popular CAD software packages and makes it easy and fast to produce photorealistic renderings of these CAD models. The HyperShot 1.x series was sold by Bunkspeed until December 31st, 2009.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
mikeschn said:
I'm SOL too.

I tried Maxwell, but when I imported my CAD data, some of the components ended up at absolute 0,0,0. That would never work. Can you imagine a wheel in the center of the car. :roll:

I bought Hypershot 1.9 after confirming that I would get the free upgrade to Hypershot 10. Now there a serious doubt if Hypershot 10 for the PC will ever happen.

Prior to buying Hypershot 1.9 I was evaluating Carrara and Cinema 4D(student edition). Now, unfortunately, I may have to go back to one of those...

The closest product that I've seen to hypershot is CINEMA 4D Engineering Edition. But I don't have $2500 to spend on a hobby. So what's left? Lightworks?

Yea, bummer!

Mike...

Mike,

You can use Moi3D V2 ( $ 295.- )
Alibre Design -> Export -> Moi3D -> Export : OBJ, IGES, SAT, STEP, STL, 3DS, LWO, FBX, SketchUP, Illustrator -> Cinema 4D, Maxwell, 3D Coat, ZBrush, Blender ( LuxRender), Augenblick
You need no extra cost for import options, because Moi3D contains the most important...

Ralf

Alibre Super User
HaroldL said:
ralf3 said:
...What do you mean with Bummer?
Bummer that this happened just when Bunkspeed was getting ready to roll out HS-10.

Bummer that Bunkspeed decided to develop and launch the Mac version before a Windows version, even though on their own Webinars the Mac users were a very small minority and they even commented that the Mac had a small following for HS.

Another Bummer is that I was planning to upgrade my Web version to HD with a 64 bit system and add HDRI LightStudio. Now that does not look likely. Hopefully Bunkspeed can recover from this setback. But until then it looks like I'm SOL.

There was this discussion about other rendering solutions in the $1000 range. It may be time to reevaluate HS if Bunkspeed can't rise to the occasion.

H.
v12.0

Harold,

You have my understanding, but I am not responsible.
I try to help here in the forum, far away from all prejudices.

The preference for Mac I can not understand, because there are less than 10% of Mac users around the world.
One explanation could be: First HyperShot is written for OS X and later ported to Windows...

Btw: You aware of this? :wink:

Attachments

• HDRI-Light-Studio.JPG
    HDRI-Light-Studio.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 293

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Update: http://hypershot.hyperboards.com/index. ... ic_id=3818

We are working hard on the next generation of HyperShot which will be based on some very exciting new technology that will have major benefits and will be a platform that will have room to grow.
There will be more information coming over the next few weeks.

The HyperShot Plug-in for Solidworks is also in the works and we should be able to post an update soon.

Development also continues on HyperMove 2011 and HyperDrive 2011 which are expected to be released late summer.

Thanks again for your patience. I can assure you the wait will be worthwhile.

Philip Lunn
CEO Bunkspeed

High Gain

There appears to be more to this than a new gen releasing... Possibly some licensing or open source infringements. You don't halt the sale of a program like this unless you are ordered to. I have sent 3 requests for a license to demo HyperMove and can't even get a reply but I do get read receipts :roll:

Ralf

Alibre Super User
High Gain said:
There appears to be more to this than a new gen releasing... Possibly some licensing or open source infringements. You don't halt the sale of a program like this unless you are ordered to. I have sent 3 requests for a license to demo HyperMove and can't even get a reply but I do get read receipts :roll:

A lot of new user here, impressive.

Possibly some licensing or open source infringements

Not shure, if you read the "Statement from Luxion" carefully: http://www.luxion.com/products.html

HyperShot is an interactive rendering program developed by Luxion.
HyperShot is the first standalone interactive ray tracing and global illumination program available.
It imports a wide variety of CAD formats from popular CAD software packages and makes it easy and fast to produce photorealistic renderings of these CAD models.
The HyperShot 1.x series was sold by Bunkspeed until December 31st, 2009.

For HyperMove license questions you can ask: http://www.bunkspeed.com/hypermove/
Live Chat:

Attachments

• Live-Chat.JPG
    Live-Chat.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 182