What's new

Hypershot suspends trials and Web purchases...

Mibe

Alibre Super User
So... Luxion is the developer of Bunkspeed? I always thought that Bunkspeed was the mastermind behind this great software. I'm a bit confused right now :?

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Yes, Luxion is the developer of HyperShot.
I guess HyperMove and HyperDrive was developed from Bunkspeed.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
So, the "underlying technology" they had the license issue with was...........Hypershot... :p :roll: :lol:

MilesH

Alibre Super User
"You may have noticed that the HyperShot trial available from the home page is no longer available. This is because a piece of underlying technology that we licensed is no longer available to us."

So, what is the connection between Luxion and Bunkspeed, then?

Ralf

Alibre Super User
HyperShot is an interactive rendering program developed by Luxion.
HyperShot is the first standalone interactive ray tracing and global illumination program available.
It imports a wide variety of CAD formats from popular CAD software packages and makes it easy and fast to produce photorealistic renderings of these CAD models.
The HyperShot 1.x series was sold by Bunkspeed until December 31st, 2009.

Luxion is currently finalizing the second generation of our HyperShot software. We expect to release a beta version in January 2010.

Mibe

Alibre Super User
So, in theory, Luxion could sell Hypershot directly to Alibre - without going through Bunkspeed? Or is Luxion owned by Bunkspeed as a development studio?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Well it appears this is the patent application for Hypershot's rendering and it includes both companies. http://www.google.com/patents?id=YcWzAAAAEBAJ&zoom=4&pg=PA1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

http://wannconsult.dk/cv_claus_wann_jensen.pdf
Curriculum Vitae of ClausWann Jensen said:
Founded Luxion ApS working with high performance visual computing...
Developing HyperShot which is being sold by our US partners Bunkspeed.

Perhaps it is more of a marketing/business decision than an actual problem?

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Let`s have a "Breakfast" in Danmark :)
Luxion ApS
Thuroevej 8, 3tv
Frederiksberg C
DK

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
Do you think that the Bunkspeed/Luxion partnership has hit a rough patch and decided to go their separate ways? Sounds like it to me.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Perhaps some one from Alibre could provide a status update on the Hypershot situation and how that will affect Alibre users?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I had noticed the differences in these two emails when I got the second one (right side). I went back now and did a screencapture of them and marked in red the big difference. Anyone have any thoughts on this? :(

Attachments

• Hypershot Emails.PNG
    Hypershot Emails.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 342

Ralf

Alibre Super User
I would ask a responsible person at Bunkspeed.

Presumably it is a mistake in the publication,
because the "Promo Code: HSHD 09" is the same.
(Also Promo Code:WEB2HD09)

Ralf

Alibre Super User
You're right, Miles, we should post both sides.

Here is the summary. HyperShot will remain available. The situation is as follows. Luxion ApS is a separate company. We are the exclusive developer of HyperShot. It is based on our comprehensive set of rendering libraries that we have developed over a period of more than 10 years. HyperShot was sold by Bunkspeed under a license agreement until last year. We ended the license agreement, since Bunkspeed did not pay us the license fees, that we had agreed to, for more than a year. Instead, Luxion will market and sell the HyperShot software. We expect to make a release shortly.
Cheers,

Henrik Wann Jensen
Chief Scientist and Cofounder
Luxion ApS

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
It will be interesting to see how this affects Alibre users.

1) Will new Alibre Expert users get the Luxion version of Hypershot, the Bunkspeed replacement or nothing at all?
2) Will recent Expert users that got HS with their license have to pay for a Luxion or Bunkspeed replacement?
3) Will older Expert users (who paid extra for HS) have to pay for a Luxion or Bunkspeed replacement?
4) Will those of us with HS Web that was purchased from Alibre be able to upgrade to the replacement and at what cost?

Mike