What's new

Hypershot suspends trials and Web purchases...

Ralf

Alibre Super User
All HyperShot user can install KeyShot and can use the existing HyperShot version/license , like: web, HD, Pro

$ 795 is the upgrade price: web to HD

With the term "upgrade" is meant: HyperShot -> KeyShot in the same version web = web/HD = HD / Pro = Pro

Attachments

• KeyShot-Hyper.jpg
    KeyShot-Hyper.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 167

Ralf

Alibre Super User
But I would also like to mention:
I hope that both companies immediately terminate the policy on the backs of customers.

I hear the background music: "Comming soon..." , for years. :roll:

High Gain

Tried the KeyShot 64 bit upgrade and get the following error when it tries to load C++ 2005 64.
It bails and loads C++ 2005. After running the program it takes forever to import a model and when it does, it doesn't import the correct model.

Back to using Hypershot. :roll:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 285

jhiker

Alibre Super User
What does the Keyshot 'migration tool' as mentioned on Ralf's screenshot do..?
Can you happily run both Hypershot & Keyshot together?

Ralf

Alibre Super User
HyperShot and KeyShot installed on the same computer.

Attachments

• HS-KeyShot.jpg
    HS-KeyShot.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 242

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
KeyShot is the replacement for the HyperShot software, the first interactive raytracing and global illumination program, also developed by Luxion. Featuring the same 6 button user interface, KeyShot also has a number of significant improvements over the HyperShot software such as:
• Certification for Mac OS X Snow Leopard Version 10.6
• Faster rendering speed
• Improved overall image quality
• Support for direct import of SolidWorks 2010 data
• All new importer platform including support for IGES and STEP on Mac OS X
• New high-quality HDRIs from http://www.hdri-locations.com and http://www.hdrlightstudio.com

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Mike, only download and install KeyShot... :) it`s easy.

Attachments

• Easy.jpg
    Easy.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 144

mikeschn

It must have ran the migration tool while I wasn't looking... Everything seems to be working fine.

And surprisingly enough, it's actually seems faster than hypershot. I like the new HDRI's and backplates too!

Thanks Ralf...

Mike...

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Mike,

Material Library:
Liquids: Water, Coffe, Beer, Chardonnay,
Gem Stones, Glass... :wink:

High Gain

The migration should start immediately after it loads.... It will ask you if you want to import your Hypershot work.
Mine is a disaster... not only did it crash during the C++ 2005 64bit install, it takes forever to import the STP file and makes a mess out of it.... I had to unload it.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Mike, you should not have to ask me, I have a lot of imagination :D

"Sculpting" some monsters with beer glasses in their hands: sculpting tool
or
a Photosculpt
and mix with your "Render scene".

Btw:
PhotoSculpt Textures is a new software due to release early 2010.
It creates 3d models from just two photos of the same subject.
It's also very fast. This makes it the perfect tool for either creating textures or creating very detailed 3D models for 3D sculptors.
I love this: one

mikeschn

Ralf,

Not bad... but I think I'd rather have a solid model of three beautiful girls drinking beer in front of that teardrop. Or one drinking Coffee, one drinking Beer, and one drinking Chardonnay! Those are the new materials, right?

Mike...

P.S. High Gain, Yep it asked me if I wanted to import my Hypershot work. I said yes. That must have been the migration tool. It didn't even ask me about my license.

P.P.S. Ralf, you really need to be using Vue instead of those sculpt tools... :)

DBC

NateLiqGrav said:
Looks like Alibre decided to go with Keyshot. http://www.alibre.com/company/news/pr/pr2010.3.23.asp Since Hypershot still works on my machine - and none of the "upgrades" look much like upgrades to me yet- I won't be switching to anything. But at least new users can now get the *whatever-name*shot experience.

Have you seen this in operation? If so, what have they done about output resolution? Have they made it 'web' size as before, or something different?