What's new

Hypershot suspends trials and Web purchases...

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
This presents an interesting scenario, with both Bunkspeed and Luxion both claiming to be the developer of HyperShot. Well actually, Bunkspeed's claim is that they "conceived" the idea of Hypershot, while Henrik claims to have "developed" it. One had the idea the other did the work.
I see a court case looming.

Mike, I think Philip Lunn has somewhat partially answered your questions, at least for the Bunkspeed version.
Philip Lunn said:
Every single owner of HyperShot will get our new generation of software to be announced soon, absolutely free.

I take that to mean that since I have Hypershot, even though it is only the Web version, I will be getting Bunkspeed's new software. Since Henrik made no such commitment I will not expect anything from Luxion, except maybe an upgrade path and charges.

We'll have to wait and see how this all works out.

H.
v12.0

High Gain

High Gain said:
There appears to be more to this than a new gen releasing... Possibly some licensing or open source infringements. You don't halt the sale of a program like this unless you are ordered to. :roll:

Interesting how accurate I was... Only because I have personally been down the same unfortunate road. I purchased Alibre Design Pro at the 9th hour of Dec. 31 as they said the sale price would go back up Jan 1. I had just started trying it out and had to make "what I was to believe by sales at Alibre" a decision that day or pay the regular price. It appears the sale price is still available which has put a bad taste in my mouth for Alibre sales and has me contemplating returning it under their return policy and putting the money towards Autodesk Inventor which was my first choice. I don't understand why they felt that was necessary :roll:

Attachments

3.7 KB · Views: 2,220

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Harold,

You are probably right, but I would like to hear/read someone from Alibre confirm it, though I suppose it will be a while until everything shakes out enough for Alibre to know anything definitive.

Mike

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,
We wanted to give you an update and answer some questions. First I want to say that while everything is not finalized, we can offer a little insight into how this will or won't affect Alibre users.

1) Will new Alibre Expert users get the Luxion version of Hypershot, the Bunkspeed replacement or nothing at all?
New users will continue to get access to HyperShot. It isn't going away.

2) Will recent Expert users that got HS with their license have to pay for a Luxion or Bunkspeed replacement?
No. You purchased it already, and do not have to put any additional money towards using it.
3) Will older Expert users (who paid extra for HS) have to pay for a Luxion or Bunkspeed replacement?
No. You purchased it already, and do not have to put any additional money towards using it.
4) Will those of us with HS Web that was purchased from Alibre be able to upgrade to the replacement and at what cost?
Yes, an upgrade path is always available when new versions are released. Since there is nothing to upgrade to at this point, as no new versions of anything are actually out, we will keep you posted. Since there has never been a major upgrade for this product line before, we are unsure of the pricing structure at this time (all minor updates are free...). We will let everyone know when we get a little closer.

We'll be able to provide more information shortly, but at this time that's all we can relay. I just wanted to put everyone at ease that the product you know and love will continue to exist and will continue to get updated and supported.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
High Gain said:
Thanks Max

Concise and to the point.... too bad we can get clear answers from the developers of Hypershot.
I'm almost positive that you meant to have a "not" inserted in between the "can" and "get". In their defense though it probably is not sorted out yet. Give it time; Much like Alibr Design; I think this product it to good to disappear. :wink:

High Gain

Your correct... actually an ( 't )
Vaporware has always been a part of software sales. How many versions of Vista would you guess were pre-sold before its release... I haven't heard of anyone getting a single refund and yet the public races out for to get their new copy of Windows 7.

JL82

Have somebody you the infromation when could I be buying the Hyber Shot HD or Pro? I have visited the web page of Hyber Shot and there is not anything schedule for next generation of HyberShot.

I should be doing better photorendering like the resolution of 800x450 pixels. Have you some proposal other software. A Price range should be about 500e but maximun 1000 dollars.

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
I see Bunkspeed has renamed the products to the "non-Hyper" Shot, Move, and Drive...

I was thinking that with the move to mental images we'd see mentalShot, mentalMove and mentalDrive-- or maybe I'm just being mental...

JL82

ralf3 said:
Jeff,

Bunkspeed will still take some months for the new "Shot" version...

Does Alibre take Luxion or Bunkspeed product in the future? I would be having very important to get better a rendering software like HyperShot Web. Is KeyShot same like HyperShot?

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Keyshot=Hypershot. The new software from Bunkspeed is something new.

Keyshot even converts the license key from Hypershot, so it will start working the same second it's installed. The GUI is also the same but with some minor changes in the icons etc. It looks good :)