What's new

New Alibre 2011

klwill

It sounds like you are having issues with your printer driver rather than Alibre. Try adjusting parameters on your printer and see if it starts working. I had a similar problem with Solid Edge and a HP-4V printer. It took a while but I got it to work.

Adam,

I did try all the printer settings I thought might work first. I really need to know if my problem is unique. If so then I'll continue to work at getting the print to work.

Ken

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Ther have been comments recently about HP drivers not behaving well - the suggested solution was to remove the HP driver and let Windows use it's own driver.

Adam_N

Ken,

In my case, I had to move my printer off of the network and connect it directly to my PC. I'm not saying this is your problem, but I am saying it may be something very obsure. It sounds like you are either overrunning the cache on the printer or it is not getting a "page feed". No way to know, just have to play with it. Maybe even trying a different PC if you can. Maybe you can print to a PDF and then print out the PDF???? Just throwing ideas.

I know this kind of bug is a real pain to find.

Adam

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Re: New Alibre 2011

Postby kev h on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:03 am
Hi Max

Have just upgraded to Win7 at home and was wondering if Alibre 2011 is gettin very close and worth waiting a few more days till installing new alibre or just reload v12.1 ??

Also when 2011 is released is it just a matter of using old License Keys once installed program?

Cheers Kev 8)

We are hoping to have a final build tomorrow or the following day. If that checks out, then it's on to prerelease activities which usually last 1.5 weeks more or less, then we release. So, it's pretty close. If you have work to do next week, go ahead and load 12.1 though.

We are completely changing the licensing mechanism. The license keys are no longer 25 characters. They are now around 1024 if I remember correctly. As usual, this is in general handled automatically by Alibre Design talking to our server.

It is important to note than when upgrading to 2011, ALL existing license keys will be disabled. This is because our internal system has to convert the account over to use the new licensing mechanism. This isn't really a problem unless someone is attempting to run 2011 on one machine, v12 on another, and v9.2 on another for example. When you upgrade one, you upgrade them all. That's the only real difference a user will see. So, just be aware that once you upgrade your work computer, when you start Alibre Design on your laptop for example you will need to download, install, and relicense it (which happens automatically for you).

Max

dwc

Alibre Super User
Max said:
They are now around 1024 if I remember correctly.

And if one is not connected to the Internet one has to enter over 1000 charators without an error?
Who thought that one up?
My important work is on a compi that is never connected to the internet (and because of that runs like a dream w/o anti-virus and all the other stuff that just slows you down).
I hope you have thought of a simple way to update that license too.
Don

Fx.CAD

dwc said:
Max said:
They are now around 1024 if I remember correctly.

And if one is not connected to the Internet one has to enter over 1000 charators without an error?
Who thought that one up?
My important work is on a compi that is never connected to the internet (and because of that runs like a dream w/o anti-virus and all the other stuff that just slows you down).
I hope you have thought of a simple way to update that license too.
Don

I guess Alibre licensing system will be able to issue something like a downloadable license file, which can be transferred to the unconnected computer. I'm quite confident they actually want their customers to spend time drawing and not typing serial numbers...

Max

Administrator
Staff member
This is not really typeable. If your work computer is not connected to the Internet, you will need to find a computer, somewhere, that is. We'll send you a license and you can transfer it via a USB or whatever you choose to your work computer.

KuifjePDX

Thanks for the update. It will be a nice birthday present.... ;-)

George

Max said:
Re: New Alibre 2011

Postby kev h on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:03 am
Hi Max

Have just upgraded to Win7 at home and was wondering if Alibre 2011 is gettin very close and worth waiting a few more days till installing new alibre or just reload v12.1 ??

Also when 2011 is released is it just a matter of using old License Keys once installed program?

Cheers Kev 8)

We are hoping to have a final build tomorrow or the following day. If that checks out, then it's on to prerelease activities which usually last 1.5 weeks more or less, then we release. So, it's pretty close. If you have work to do next week, go ahead and load 12.1 though.

We are completely changing the licensing mechanism. The license keys are no longer 25 characters. They are now around 1024 if I remember correctly. As usual, this is in general handled automatically by Alibre Design talking to our server.

It is important to note than when upgrading to 2011, ALL existing license keys will be disabled. This is because our internal system has to convert the account over to use the new licensing mechanism. This isn't really a problem unless someone is attempting to run 2011 on one machine, v12 on another, and v9.2 on another for example. When you upgrade one, you upgrade them all. That's the only real difference a user will see. So, just be aware that once you upgrade your work computer, when you start Alibre Design on your laptop for example you will need to download, install, and relicense it (which happens automatically for you).

Max

kdevoe

Max,

I see in one of your posts that all computers will have to update to 2011, but can one be using the 32 bit version while 2 are using the 64 bit version. I have 2 computers running Win 7 64 bit and the 3rd still runing Win XP.

Kevin

Max, What's the status of the 2011 release? I talked with Yulia on Wednesday about upgrading my CAM to Expert but I want to do this in one shot vs bits and pieces and sending in new licence request and so forth. You know how MechSoft can be about licenses. Also, I am assuming that with 2011 I will still be able to install it here at the office and on my laptop, correct?

Thanks,
Awall

swertel

Alibre Super User
Last rumor, which I heard yesterday, was 1 to 2 weeks.

The beta is closed so now it is just a matter of wrapping up the final code and prepping it for release (aka download). That takes a week to two weeks.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
They suppose not to alter the code, Scott.

They said the latest release is the last and the final... I thought I read as so..

It might be my another bad,though.. :lol:

swertel

Alibre Super User
Toshi,

The developers aren't going to be doing anything new to the code in terms of features or bug fixes (if any still exist). They are going to take the code and package it up into a convenient installer and/or update package for the production server instead of the test server. The announcement was correct, this is the final release and no code changes are happening, they are just gift wrapping it for us now.

klwill

ralf3 said:
Hi Ken,

I also had this problem with HP Printer.
Which OS do you use?

Ralf.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate Home Edition 64 bit.
I didn't see your reply as I haven't been on the forum for a few days.

Ken

rollin45

I'm definitely interested, I 've used the Algor design check and you are right about it being pretty limited. I was able to snudge things and got a kinda sorta nearly good enough guesstimate, but since Autodesk has bought Algor, I am thinking even the limited application will go away. So,, that being said, I hope this new software will be A. inexpensive and B. pretty good. :mrgreen:

rollin'

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Max,

I see in one of your posts that all computers will have to update to 2011, but can one be using the 32 bit version while 2 are using the 64 bit version. I have 2 computers running Win 7 64 bit and the 3rd still runing Win XP.

Kevin

Yes, as long as they are all on 2011 you can use a mix of 32/64.

Max