What's new

New Alibre 2011

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Max, What's the status of the 2011 release? I talked with Yulia on Wednesday about upgrading my CAM to Expert but I want to do this in one shot vs bits and pieces and sending in new licence request and so forth. You know how MechSoft can be about licenses. Also, I am assuming that with 2011 I will still be able to install it here at the office and on my laptop, correct?

Thanks,
Awall

The planned date is still Oct. 25. 2011 still has 3 installs (for Pro/Expert - PE has 1, as it currently does).

You might as well upgrade now - if you have any license problems simply call Support and we will handle it all for you.

Max

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I'm definitely interested, I 've used the Algor design check and you are right about it being pretty limited. I was able to snudge things and got a kinda sorta nearly good enough guesstimate, but since Autodesk has bought Algor, I am thinking even the limited application will go away. So,, that being said, I hope this new software will be A. inexpensive and B. pretty good. :mrgreen:

It will be both inexpensive and good - much more functionality than ALGOR DesignCheck. It's actually pretty far in development as of this time, but there are some technical issues to be worked out. We'll keep you posted when the time comes.

Max

jhardy1

Max said:
The planned date is still Oct. 25. 2011 still has 3 installs (for Pro/Expert - PE has 1, as it currently does).
Max,
I currently have three licenced installs of PE (being a long-term user), although I am actually only using two (work and home). Will I keep my three-install capability under 2011? (I also have a number of other add-on "goodies", such as full 2D tool-set, translate, etc, and have been told that these add-on licences will be retained indefinitely.)

Thanks!

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Max,
I currently have three licenced installs of PE (being a long-term user), although I am actually only using two (work and home). Will I keep my three-install capability under 2011? (I also have a number of other add-on "goodies", such as full 2D tool-set, translate, etc, and have been told that these add-on licences will be retained indefinitely.)

Thanks!

You will be able to keep what you have.

Max

rollin45

Max said:
I'm definitely interested, I 've used the Algor design check and you are right about it being pretty limited. I was able to snudge things and got a kinda sorta nearly good enough guesstimate, but since Autodesk has bought Algor, I am thinking even the limited application will go away. So,, that being said, I hope this new software will be A. inexpensive and B. pretty good. :mrgreen:

It will be both inexpensive and good - much more functionality than ALGOR DesignCheck. It's actually pretty far in development as of this time, but there are some technical issues to be worked out. We'll keep you posted when the time comes.

Max

This is outstanding news Max,, thank you for the info and by all means, ring the bells when this all comes about.

rollin'

jhardy1

Max said:
Max,

Thanks!

You will be able to keep what you have.

Max
Excellent! Thanks, Max!

Max said:
Max, What's the status of the 2011 release? I talked with Yulia on Wednesday about upgrading my CAM to Expert but I want to do this in one shot vs bits and pieces and sending in new licence request and so forth. You know how MechSoft can be about licenses. Also, I am assuming that with 2011 I will still be able to install it here at the office and on my laptop, correct?

Thanks,
Awall

You might as well upgrade now - if you have any license problems simply call Support and we will handle it all for you.

Max

T-Minus 12 hours and counting! Will it be anounced on the main site for download on the 25th?

JPower

so I installed Alibre 2011 x64 and when I opened Alibre for the first time I got the evil "Can't Find AlibreDesign_x64.msi" message. I extracted the original download file and pointed the installer to the AlibreDesign_x64.msi file and now i'm in an infinite loop, it told me to restart my computer, so I do but nothing seems to change... If I tell it not to restart my computer at the time, then the whole process starts over again... HELP ME! I have work to do! :?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Chances are the download wasn't complete, or is corrupted. Try downloading again and check the file size.

[EDIT - did you uninstall the previous version first ?]

Just found out that 2011 64bit is a no go if you want to use your CAM package. No date set for when that will take place. They also advised that 2011 is not "live" until later today.

This from the download:
Certain add-ons will not work with Alibre Design 2011 64-bit at this time. ALL add-ons work with Alibre Design 2011 32-bit. The following add-ons do not currently work if you are using Alibre Design 2011 64-bit:

Alibre Motion
Alibre Part Library
Alibre CAM

These add-ons are currently in the process of being ported to work with with 64-bit Alibre Design 2011 and we will keep you posted on their availability.

keyepitts

JPower said:
so I installed Alibre 2011 x64 and when I opened Alibre for the first time I got the evil "Can't Find AlibreDesign_x64.msi" message. I extracted the original download file and pointed the installer to the AlibreDesign_x64.msi file and now i'm in an infinite loop, it told me to restart my computer, so I do but nothing seems to change... If I tell it not to restart my computer at the time, then the whole process starts over again... HELP ME! I have work to do! :?

Also note that for the 64-bit version you may need to install a newer version of Microsoft Visual J# (it's linked to in the Readme file for the upgrade).

elzaan1

Hi

Try uninstall AD again - and it will warn what must be downloaded additional and make SURE you have the correct file size - 144MB's before installing. If you have something like Tune-Up - clean your system with it before install. I had similar problem. After installation = SHUT DOWN and then Re-Start. Not only a re-start.

jrupp

Am I missing something? Is 2011 currently available for download? I haven't seen it show up on the website yet?

kdevoe

Make sure that you log in, go to you account info page (link on bottom) and then click on "upgrade to newer version" located on left side.

You can then download 2011.

Kevin