What's new

Recent content by astroverted

1. A

Alibre cannot compute volume, Mass, & COG for model geometry defined in imported step files?

Recently, I needed to import a part file that was initially created in Solid Works and exported as a step-formatted file. After assigning the appropriate material (Al6061) from the materials library, I attempted to calculate the physical properties, whereupon Alibre returned all zeros for the...
  2. A

V25 Memory leaks?

Thanks Simon! I agree, this needs fixing ASAP.
  3. A

V25 Memory leaks?

Is anyone else experiencing memory leaks running the latest version? I see evidence for these on my machine when after closing the program & opening task manager, an Alibre process shows as running with a big chunk (several GB) of RAM associated. manually ending the process therein releases...
  4. A

So, what is the optimal time to wait before updating to 21?

A further update: after multiple attempts, I was able to create my sketches. To get there, I had to avoid dimensioning or locking down entities prior to selecting them as intersection constraints to locate additional sketch construction points, whereas in 2019 I don't recall having to do that...
  5. A

So, what is the optimal time to wait before updating to 21?

Certainly not today, as I am finding I cannot create even a simple 2D sketch (not tied to a part instance) with constraints applied without seeing either bizarre behavior (constraining a point at the intersection of two existing lines deletes one of the lines) or else the "inconsistent sketch"...
  6. A

A discussion on our release cycles, timing, product naming

1. If it helps you manage the development cadence and minimize incidence of BUGS, then I'm all for it. 2. A naming convention containing either: a root designation based on the year of release (i.e. 2020.1, 2020.2...etc.) OR version numbering Major.minor (i.e. V19.0, 19.1...etc.) would be simple...
  7. A

Latest AD throws exception, then crashes when attempting to create 2D drawing of assembly

G'day all: I have opened as support ticket for an issue I am having where the latest AD throws an exception, then crashes when I attempt to create a 2D drawing of a relatively simple assembly; I thought I would post here in case any others have experienced similar issues since installing AD...
  8. A

Returned

Ah yes, the smell of ammonia in the morning.... smells like... Sonny Liston's uppercut...
  9. A

Can't associate *.stp files with geomagic 2013

Thanks to all who responded. Will try a few of these ideas myself and report back. Scott
  10. A

Can't associate *.stp files with geomagic 2013

Running Win7 64 bit Geomagic 2013, I find i can no longer use the windows file extension association tool to map any file extension that is not exclusively designated as an Alibre design file type, example I cannot map *.stp or *.step files to automatically load using Geomagic 2013. Running as...
  11. A

A few things for the next version

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !
  12. A

Faces missing from STP files

I have long observed the same problem in exporting from Alibre to Solidworks. Spherical surface profiles seem especially prone to generating weird entities when sucked into SW; sometimes turning off all automatically healing, stitching and bitching (uh I meant to type "checking") can help, but...
  13. A

Can a data file (CSV) be used to generate sketches in Alibre

Re: Thanks Miles: Unfortunately, after following the link to Alex Franke's site, the download page for the point importer utility appears to be broken (page not found). Hopefuly this will prove to be a transient problem, as the...
  14. A

Can a data file (CSV) be used to generate sketches in Alibre

I tried searching the forum archives for answers related to my question, but for some reason, the searches always end with a blank white screen, so hopefully, my first query to this forum won't tread on a well-worn path. Basically, I would like to create a 2D sketch from about 100 X,Y pairs...