What's new

Recent content by dmckee101

1. dmckee101

Asking for ideas to produce a radial profile - resolved

Thanks Harold! I think this might work I'll give a try. I can create the wave function then subtract it from a disk. That will work. Thanks again. I'd mark this "resolved" but evidently I can't do that. Cheers, Dennis
  2. dmckee101

Constraints ignored?

I know from my experience that Alibre will save bad or conflicting constraints. I'll watch this thread to see if you recreate it and what the circumstances are.
  3. dmckee101

Asking for ideas to produce a radial profile - resolved

Think of a circular BMX track. At 0°, 90°, 180°, and 270° the profile crests. It transitions to a trough at 45°, 135°, 225°, and 315°. To complete this example the inner radius is 10 mm and the outer radius is 30 mm. I tried to sketch a similar idea. I've thought about this too long :confused...
  4. dmckee101

Version 22 - Final Update

I am suitably impressed with V22! I've seen changes while using the software as it's developed since version 8.2 in 2006, but this update has been the best I can remember.
  5. dmckee101

v21 is now live

Exciting! I had a problem updating; for some reason the program thought I had no admin rights. We add domain admins as users on local PCs and I am one of the domain admins. Don't know why it didn't recognize my rights, but I did solve it by locating the downloaded file and right-clicking and...
  6. dmckee101

Sketch view - Alibre change or settings issue

Orient to sketch plane shortcut is <Ctrl><Shift>Z
  7. dmckee101

Need Help With A Drawing

The callouts seem to be view sensitive.
  8. dmckee101

Constraint Dialog Proposal v2 - Interactive Demo

How does the Offset Minimum & Maximum work? In what case would this be used?
  9. dmckee101

PDF printing method

Will the 'Publish to PDF' remain as it is for drawings? This is the one way I found to output a pdf file capable of being transformed into a vector (.svg) file, via Inkscape. There may be third party apps that can output vector compatible files, but I stopped looking after I realized it was a...
  10. dmckee101

Material Library Wishlist

Please add Flexural Modulus and Flexural Strength. These metrics work as a better corollary to real world performance of polymers.
  11. dmckee101

Converting a drawing to an SVG format

A customer wanted SVG files of a control box we build for their machines. After a lot of searching, trying different programs and website conversion tools, nothing worked. But I finally did solve it: Open the drawing in Alibre Gem (circular button at the top left) > Publish to PDF (give...
  12. dmckee101

Alibre 2019: Attempt No. 3

When I have seen that error, I have done a "Regenerate All" and it solved the issue.
  13. dmckee101

3D printing - thinking of buying a machine...

We've been using an Ultimaker 2 for a few years now. While I'm satisfied with the performance for product development, we are looking at manufacturing specialty parts. We've examined our designs using three different vendors, Ultimaker S5 (with soluble supports), Formlab ('white', 'rigid', &...
  14. Formlabs-Inside

Formlabs-Inside

15. Formlabs-Outside

Formlabs-Outside