What's new

Recent content by ftkalcevic

1. ftkalcevic

Alibre Script - script requests

Name: Constituent search What it does: Searches the file system for assemblies then searches those assemblies for a particular constituent. Things it should consider: I've tried to write something like this, but it is really slow, loading and rendering each assembly. Rather than searching for...
  2. ftkalcevic

How do I make a sub assembly "un-flexible" ?

I have a sub-assembly that I made flexible. I moved it around to get some offsets correct, then applied them to the actual assembly. If I deactivate the "make flexible" option, the sub assembly is now just frozen in a strange state that doesn't look anything like it when open the sub-assembly...
  3. ftkalcevic

How do I delete the license?

Found it! C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Alibre Design\*.lic
  4. ftkalcevic

How do I delete the license?

I just tried to swap licenses from my laptop to my PC, but I entered the wrong activation code (I think it was a pre-release version). Now I get a message... Welcome! This version of the software was released after your yearly maintenance subscription expired. You do not currently have access...
  5. ftkalcevic

Invisible nodes/points [Resolved]

There was another instance of Alibre running in the background after a crash. After I killed that, everything started working properly.
  6. ftkalcevic

Invisible nodes/points [Resolved]

If I insert a node into sketch in the latest version, the nodes are inserted, but they are not visible - Advanced Selector shows they are there. I don't know if this is a bug in the latest version, or have I just turned node/point visibility off? Is there a setting somewhere?
  7. ftkalcevic

Alibre low cost version

I guess it comes down to who you are targeting with this version, but I would have thought 3D printer owners would be one of them. For them (us), being able to import and modify STL files in a CAD program is a great feature. Also, is the "analyze" option removed from the 2d sketch menu? This...
  8. ftkalcevic

Referencing an edge

In the alibre Connector sample, (https://support.alibre.com/support/solutions/articles/27000047177-connector), in the second point in "Things to look at:", they say "bottom of the sketch was projected from the top edge of Extrude <1>". I rarely do this. I usually just draw a line, then make...
  9. ftkalcevic

Color color...

I use feature colours all the time when I create a 3rd party part and want a little bit of cosmetic bling, without creating a whole assembly. Eg Electronics parts test fit on a board. Of course, I use colour by feature as a work around because there is no colour by face. Doh! I didn't see...
  10. ftkalcevic

Alibre Crashes over night

I get this regularly when my computer comes out of sleep mode (not every time, and I don't have a screen saver). Usually it only means the display part of Alibre is broken. You can close the program, save changes, and restart.
  11. ftkalcevic

Global Parameters

I can see the method on IADRoot, CreateEmptyGlobalParameters, which creates an IADGlobalParameterSession, but I can't see how I can tell a part or assembly to use these global parameters. Any ideas? Thanks, Frank
  12. ftkalcevic

How do I update?

I went Help | About, then the License Key Status Button. That pops up the Geomagic License Type window. Select Online Activation License, then on the left a "Deactivation" option appears.
  13. ftkalcevic

OnSelectionChange event

There is an OnSelectionChange event on the IAlibreAddOnCommand interface (and others like OnKeyDown, OnClick, etc). What does this refer to, and how do I make it fire? I'm looking for an event to be notified when the current selection changes in an assembly session. Thank, Frank
  14. ftkalcevic

What can I do with the API?

I don't know if I missed it the first time, or if someone has done something, but a post has filtered to the top... Add-On Documentation and Samples which shows the tight integration. Thanks.
  15. ftkalcevic

How do I update?

Thank you, that was easy.