What's new

Recent content by Giecon.nl

1. G

Renaming Parts or Assemblies and maintaining Context

Something like this, the root manager of zw3d. Spreadsheet like environment where you can rename, fill in description material and other properties. Double click opens the model. Copying automatic increases the numbers etc. Very very powerful it takes some time getting used to but no more...
  2. G

Should drawings be integrated into the part file

The system I use mainly has everything in one file. It is possible to use separate files but I keep everything in one file. Project management is so much easier. File opening times are really much faster 15 second is long on average. In my impression the fact that you only have to read one file...
  3. G

Alibre Viewer/Converter

I've read somewhere the USB key wont be available with the new Alibre, can't find it right now. I think some action is needed from the new Alibre guys, I talked to an other user this morning and they did not know it would stop working in 2018. A lot of people may be in for a surprise next year..
  4. G

Alibre Viewer/Converter

What are the options to be able to view my own data created in a fully legal paid version of Alibre/Geomagic after somewhere in June 2018? I'm not on maintenance at the moment and switched over a year and a half to different software. It would be nice to be able to view my own data and convert...
  5. G

.STP (STEP 203/204) export

If you do sheet metal I would also look at zw3d. Whatever you do, do some real life serious testing during longer a period. Don't base your choice on supplier demo's. I went with zw3d almost a year ago no regrets.
  6. G

Alibre Design: Future Improvements

If you leave like that then yes you are right, but during the design process I'm quite happy that it is possible. Of course I link it again to other geometry.. So no worries even in your industry
  7. G

On any face of the geometry or if you insist on a workplane And if I delete the geometry where I placed the sketch on I can still keep the features that consumed the sketch. So yes it is possible to have a sketch floating in space without rebuild errors
  8. G

I can right click on any sketch and select relocate in my current CAD software. No need for workplanes I can start/end any extrusion/revolve at any value from the sketch plane (so plus 50 to minus 12, -10 to -18, 10 to 18) again without the need for workplanes. So good practice or work around...
  9. G

Alternative

Ahh so the users attitude is the problem, not the lack of updates in the last versions, new introduced bugs every version etc. Glad that is clear now....
  10. G

Alternative

For all user that are concerned with the future of Geomagic, check out Zw3d (don't be fooled by the name it is former VX). They have a 30 day trial and afterwards you can still open what you have made in those 30 days just not save any more. It takes some time to get use to the all in one file...
  11. G

"Next" release for GMD

I remember the days when Max or someone else would post a screenshot of what they were working on for the next version. I use to install new version of Alibre blindly for over 6 years because I knew it was tested thoroughly. Those days are gone to. The last version I was entitled for I didn't...
  12. G

Save As Question....

Do a save as but don't hit "save all as" Click on the folder icon for the parts you want to save to a new location. I only found out a few day ago this actually works..
  13. G

Mirroring Sheet Metal Part

Create your sheetmetal part save. Create new normal part (not sheetmetal) do a boolean unite of your sheetmetal part, scale/mirror, save. Voila
  14. G

Renewal again?

+1 Look at their product line: / Some items / Geomagic® Design™ : formerly known as Alibre Geomagic® Design™ Direct : Spaceclaim clone / even more items / Take a look under industries on their website, I may be blind but I cannot find Alibre (Yes I know Geosomething) anywhere. That says it...
  15. G

Cloud Storage

Take a look at bt sync: http://www.getsync.com I use the free version it to sync two locations so far without problems works quite well. There will be a pro version later with more features, but the free version will remain free.