What's new

Recent content by jaysinn

1. jaysinn

Drawing arrows on a DRW

When you have de-activated the 2D sketch, you have the opportunity to insert a Note, which has an option to include an arrow. The Note doesn't have to have any text, so there's an arrow for you.
  2. jaysinn

Using "Insert from file"

In Alibre 24, you can insert points from a comma-separated file into a 2D sketch. There's a little "keyboard" icon in the "Sketch Figures" part of the ribbon.
  3. jaysinn

Exporting high resolutions drawing files

There can be many other reasons for wanting to export in high quality to bitmap, PNG, JPEG, or other formats than PDF; the above thread just happens to be my specific situation. (I'm retired and doing things like antique radio restoration as a hobby, and want to contribute to the community of...
  4. jaysinn

The web site, https://www.radiomuseum.org/ is dedicated to antique radios, and most of the line drawings they handle are schematics. Which also do contain fine details. Once they publish the drawings on their site they are in PDF format. But between the user's upload and the web site...
  5. jaysinn

I prepared a line drawing in Alibre Designer that I intended to upload to a web site that only accepts PNG format drawings. However, the exported PNG file directly from Alibre was severely pixellated and lost essential information. Eventually I found the work-around: I used "Publish to PDF"...
  6. jaysinn

Using alibre for circuit diagrams and printed circuits

Express PCB was a breeze to use; thanks! When I created components in Alibre, they had no "intelligent" connections to other lines I was drawing - not even the normal CAD "connect" facility.
  7. jaysinn

I have tried and tried in Eagle to create my own parts and it never works. Something about the way they handle libraries totally escapes me. I go around in circles and never end up with a part I can use.
  8. jaysinn

I sometimes design small one-off circuits that will never be printed circuit boards. I have Eagle, but for my purposes it is a pain because it insists on knowing exactly what component you are using. For my purposes, just a generic resistor, generic capacitor, generic ground connection and so...
  9. jaysinn

Dimension Font size inconsistent

This was in a Drawing. But I guess they fixed it in today's update.
  10. jaysinn

Trying to constrain a sketch messed it up

Using 2019 version, with the second update applied. I had a sketch for a part that had taken me some hours of work. It looked exactly like what I wanted, but then I started trying to get all the elements to be fully constrained. In the process, I discovered that some lines which I had...
  11. jaysinn

Dimension Font size inconsistent

Why is it that the numeral "6" seems to be in a smaller font than all the other numerals?
  12. jaysinn

Hint on editing parts in an Assembly

I had an Assembly where I created a New part within the Assembly, and even edited the part to some extent. Then I closed the Assembly window and further edited the part in a normal Part editing window. When I went back to the Assembly, the edited part wouldn't always behave like I wanted it to...
  13. jaysinn

We need a Video Tutorial on making fully defined sketches

I changed the color scheme to make the status more visible to me: Fully Defined is purple. Under this scheme, undefined nodes are black, but fully defined nodes are purple.
  14. jaysinn

Under Defined ????????????

You can turn on colors to identify which elements are unconstrained, partly constrained, or fully constrained; you don't need to try dragging things to find out.
  15. jaysinn

We need a Video Tutorial on making fully defined sketches

(1) Naturally I have been using the technique of drawing the circles and then making a line tangent to both circles, then trimming. Done that for years before I knew about "fully defined". But I swear to you, the simple and obvious method does not work as well as the technique I described...