What's new

Recent content by markporter

1. markporter

Who here uses M-Files Vault?

Will we be able to install the server on a NAS; e.g. Synology or similar?
  2. markporter

Setting view scale precision

Thanks for your help. The dimension style precision doesn't change the view scale precision, either in either pop-up (DE and drawing face selection). I tried inches 256 which showed nearest 1/2", and decimal 6 places which shows one place on drawing face and two places in Design Explorer...
  3. markporter

Setting view scale precision

Where can I set drawing view precision? I'm trying to overlay an assembly view exactly over an image in a drawing, and need to make a fine adjustment to the scale. I get different behaviour depending on whether I select "Scale" in the drawing face or the Design Explorer - see attached images...
  4. markporter

Poll: organizing your files

Mine is: x:\Project1\Requirements\Whatever.doc x:\Project1\References\NicePic.png x:\Project1\Design\Alibre\parts\MyPart1.AD_PRT x:\Project1\Design\Alibre\assemblies\MyAssy1.AD_ASM x:\Project1\Design\Alibre\drawings\myPart1.AD_DRW x:\Project1\Design\SomeOtherCADProgram\sketches\cable1.SKD...
  5. markporter

Alibre Graphics Support for V23, V24 under Windows 10/11

Max: Is there an Alibre guideline for optimizing GPU settings?
  6. markporter

Export to STL (V23) will only export in MM

When working in inches, I export in inches from Alibre Design and use Barbarian Units (https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/plugins/nallath/BarbarianPlugin) in Cura.
  7. markporter

Global Parameters

Agreed. I've put this in the V23 request thread, and the "suggest a feature" tool. The whole UI around dimensions and GPs needs a shake-up. I live in hope...
  8. markporter

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

3440x1440 @100%
  9. markporter

v23 - Request Thread

Please bear in mind that this is based on V21: 1. Equation Editor and equation entry widget poor usability - missing information (type, comment) and functionality in table; no "intellisense" in creating equations; copy/paste an equation to create a new equation also pastes the name and value...
  10. markporter

New AlibreCAM 2020 coming

Thanks Ralf.
  11. markporter

Keyshot 9

DavidJ: where is the download link for KS9 for Alibre? Alibre's support page only offers KS8
  12. markporter

Constraint Dialog Proposal v2 - Interactive Demo

Could the "Assembly Constraints" pop-up be made scaleable by clicking and dragging on the right border, and then auto-scale the width of the input fields in "Options/Offset" and "Options/Limits" please?
  13. markporter

Constraint Dialog wishlist

Please increase the width of the Offset text box. It's fine for "D1+D2" but not helpful for "myGlobalParameter1 + myGlobalParameter2".
  14. markporter

physical properties

Lew - According to our friend Mr. Newton, F=m*a. For the same force, if you have 1/12 the value of a, you need 12 times the value of m. Therefore, 12 * 1 slug = 1 slinch.
  15. markporter

Global parameters and excel add-in improvement?

Hi Stefan. Just a list against the parameter name. Ideally, just the addition of "comments" and "type" to the table as in the OP above. There's certainly enough width available in the table. regards, Mark