What's new

Recent content by Todd Tilton

1. T

VX Innovator

Yeah, I was considering the toolbox route too. Really, I was just looking for a low cost importer-exporter for someone else to use for quotes when I stumbled onto VX. But, I noticed Innovator could do some things Alibre couldn’t, like the raster to vector converter for images would be of some...
  2. T

VX Innovator

Anyone tried VX Innovator? Opinions vs Alibre Standard?
  3. T

Create Plane from point and vector

Yes I've used the Point Wizard plenty of times, it's great. 3d points can also be imported while in 2d sketch mode as well, but my problem resides in creating the vector from that point and then the plane. Ok, must have missed "spherical coordinates" during my searches in this forum, but I...
  4. T

Create Plane from point and vector

I have some CMM data to overlay onto a model file, does anyone have a general approach to this? point x,y,z and vector i,j,k (changed to degrees)
  5. T

Sheet metal - How do I create louvres?

Re: Sheetmetal is pretty new for Alibre so my guess is they just haven't had the time yet to get all the cool stuff added. (like ripping from solid) I've been waiting since May 2004...
  6. T

Problem with inside aligned flange

Using a bend radius that is equal to or greater than the material thickness is a good design rule of thumb, but I seldom have a customer that specifies corner radius. From a tool design and build viewpoint, if a bend radius is specified on a drawing I’m dictated to use it. However it is...
  7. T

Dimple across a bend

Dimples Before the work-around gurus chime in… I don't know why such a COMMON sheet metal feature cannot be produced in AD! In the past I had tried to produce a corner-rib feature, but had to settle for a cutout labeled “Rib” to represent...
  8. T

Sheet Metal Part w/uneven bend

Robert, I admire your workaround for the rad flange, but if it won't develop what good is it for sheet metal. I need the capability to model a flange like this: [http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=578] and to develop it. I've tried to get my feet wet a little with the AD sheet...
  9. T

Flange_Corner-Rib

Flange_Corner-Rib Edited drawing from an 2-D Iges file.
  10. T

IGES import problems

IGES This last one that did not open was an IGES model file from CATIA. I’m a metal stamping tool designer, the files are coming from various high-end sheet metal packages or modules. While I was ranting at the Alibre support guy, I...
  11. T

IGES import problems

IGES import problems Any tricks on importing IGES files with Alibre? I've received IGES files (not exported from AutoCAD or Inventor) from three different customers that Alibre cannot open, but AutoCAD 2000i could (with no errors).