What's new

Search results

1. nvanlaar

SpaceMouse Buttons

It does allow profiles for each software, but it doesn't work for Alibre. No matter what I put for the settings nothing changes in Alibre.
  2. nvanlaar

SpaceMouse Buttons

I'm not sure. It was happening in v25 and now v26. 3dConnexion driver v10.8.11.3519 (latest version) Upon further investigation MOI acted the same way except, MOI has it's own settings for Connexion and changing those fixed the problem for that program.
  3. nvanlaar

SpaceMouse Buttons

Can I add on to this thread? With my spacemouse the zoom direction "Up/Down" is completely ignored, and the default "Forward/Backward" is maintained.
  4. nvanlaar

Would anyone care if we removed this...

Where is that? ;) Ha. Never used it, most likely won't miss it.
  5. nvanlaar

Alibre Script - script requests

Name: DXF for laser What it does: Outputs a DXF or DWG file containing the flatshot of a flat pattern for use in a cnc laser/plasma/waterjet. Things it should consider: There should be an input for kerf width and perhaps put the original and the kerf outline on different layers. Also...
  6. nvanlaar

Can't install.

FYI - I noticed on the latest update that I walked away and missed the elevate privileges prompt and then the install hung. I couldn't cancel and it would complete. I had to force quit the install. The install should self cancel if it does not receive proper permissions.
  7. nvanlaar

Differences between Alibre and other CAD, Fusion etc?

The point is, if banks can offer that kind of security, why couldn't a cloud storage company and why would you trust the bank security and not cloud storage security?
  8. nvanlaar

I get the security/NDA problem. It is legit. Although, I would ask, how many people/corporations trust online banking? Why wouldn't it be faster? It can be and is exponentially faster. Cloud computing gives the ability to leverage hundreds or thousands of processor cores instead of 8 or...
  9. nvanlaar

To each his own. That has not been my experience at all. As far as the joints go, they are nothing like a constraint and cannot be treated like one. Switching to any other CAD package has a certain amount of growing pains. I had lost all hope in Geomagic and transitioned over to Fusion as an...
  10. nvanlaar

They charge a buck for the disc, P&H, etc...
  11. nvanlaar

Just clarifying here. Flagged files are stored offline until such time as the user un-flags them. The offline cache contains all recently accessed files within the set time limit up to 360 days (subject to change depending on user request/demand and/or whims of Autodesk).
  12. nvanlaar

Pointing to a forum of disgruntled customers is hardly a metric of how well the company is doing or how great they are/aren't. I know there are dozens of threads here in the Alibre forums with many disgruntled customers sounding off and not all of those are from the 3DSystems days.
  13. nvanlaar

There is no prevention of local storage. Individual files can be flagged for local storage and there is a setting for how long files are kept in the offline cache. That being said, there is no 'offline only' ability. I think this is due to the way Fusion does some of the processing...
  14. nvanlaar

Meh... We get it. Some people don't like Autodesk, Just like some don't like SW/Dassault. Whatever. But it is still quality software. Give me a file and tell me what you want. It will probably be more of a test of my skill than the software's limits/abilities.
  15. nvanlaar

It's actually a hybrid. The last Xnumber of files accessed are stored locally and there is the option to flag files for offline availability. The software even has an online/offline toggle. They are working on a 100% cloud based solution (CAD in a browser, like Onshape), but that is probably...
  16. nvanlaar

FAQ - help us populate it before it goes out

Can I run/install Alibre side-by-side with Geomagic? <Max> Added to FAQ - No, you cannot.
  17. nvanlaar

"Next" release for GMD

That's some super sleuthing. I had pretty much given up hope and was exploring alternatives. Fusion 360 and ZW3D being the front runners. I guess I can hold off a little longer.
  18. nvanlaar

"Next" release for GMD

These are some strange comments. All I was pointing out was other CAD packages DO have built in rendering. Would I ever model like that? No. But it's really nice to do the modeling, switch to rendering and be done. If a revision is done, the materials and settings hold true without extra...
  19. nvanlaar

"Next" release for GMD

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Autodesk products and probably SW has built-in realistic rendering.
  20. nvanlaar

"Next" release for GMD

It looks like the "Viewing and Analysis" Ribbon tab blended with something else, and yeah, the logo is the wrong color and the top quick tool set looks different. Did I miss a long overdue update...? :| ...