What's new

Search results

1. Maavhamt

Text Figures

I'm trying to put text on a surface on a 3d model. The help section says, "Select the Sketch Text tool from the Sketch Figures group in the 2D Sketching tab." However however hard I look I can't find the Sketch Text tool: Any ideas how I add text without the Sketch Text tool?
  2. Maavhamt

Change colour of an imported file

Imported STEP files are not chameleons, they don't change colour. I have an imported step file of a case that was originally yellow but coloured it green. Now I have to put the lid on it and I cannot for anything remember how I changed the colour of the case. So now I a green case with a yellow...
  3. Maavhamt

Too many part trails

I am doing an exploded view drawing. One of the component is a sub assembly (part 8 below) but the box is ticked for "Treat as a part". However in the exploded view there are numerous part trails coming from this one part so it looks like a character in a 1970's comic running away "Whoosh..."...
  4. Maavhamt

Sub assemblies in exploded view

Is there a way to prevent sub assemblies being exploded in exploded view? I have an assembly made up of sub assembles. I have already done the sub assembly exploded view diagrams and now want to assemble them into an overall assembly. But when I try to do that the sub assemblies "explode" as...
  5. Maavhamt

File Revisions in Sheet Metal

Hi, I have a sheet metal object made from a 3D part, basically a 3D trapezoid. I want to revise the 3D part, which will change the sheet metal part, but also keep the current version of the sheet metal object in case the revision doesn't work. I can save a copy of the 3D object as it is now...
  6. Maavhamt

Cross hatch problem

Hi, I've created a cross section view of a stainless steel part. I have selected the material for the part as stainless steel and checked the cross hatch pattern is OK. However in the drawing the cross hatching does not appear and clicking on "Hatch" in the drawing Annotations bar doesn't seem...
  7. Maavhamt

Deleting Points?

Hi, I have a complex model with about 100 components. I had put 2 points in the model, one was to help constrain an object I have since deleted and I can't remember where the other one comes from. Now I want to delete them but can't, there is no option to delete in the drop down menu. They are...
  8. Maavhamt

Hole size problem

I am working on a simple perforated disc. I want the holes to be 3mm diameter but if the holes are bigger than 2.96mm the disc stops behaving like a solid. Hole size 2.96 mm Hole size 2.97 mm Any ideas how to have 3mm diameter holes?
  9. Maavhamt

Moving sketch plane

Hi, I created a sheet metal part then added flanges at either end by drawing on the bottom surface of the object then using "Tab". Since then I lowered the bottom surface of the object by 10mm. I have found the flanges stayed where they where because the sketch plane hasn't moved. Is there a way...
  10. Maavhamt

Using "Offset" under Sletch Tools

I am creating a rectangular hole in a plate which is mapped from another part. I want to make the hole 0.5 mm larger than the mapped hole so I am using the Offset tool. This works fine but the resulting lines are red and can be moved using the "Select" tool. Do i have to manually go around...
  11. Maavhamt

Can't open an assembly

For the past few months I've been building up a model which is an assembly that consists of several parts and sub assemblies. This has going fine up till now when suddenly I can't open the overall assembly. When I try to open it I get an error message: Then I get a dialogue box with an error...
  12. Maavhamt

Can't get cross section to work

Dear All, I can't get cross sections to work in 3D or 2D. They just look like the original items. Attached are the files, one the 3D model and one a drawing. In both cases I have tried to create cross sections and failed. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
  13. Maavhamt

Cross section view of imported STEP fiel

Dear All, I am trying to make a YZ section view of this imported file. The section view sections the peripheral items but not the actual bucket. What am I doing wrong?
  14. Maavhamt

Hardware requirements

Dear All, I'm thinking of getting a new computer for work. I use Alibre Design™ Expert Version: 2018 64-bit [Build 19030]. What are the recommendations for computer hardware? I don't use Alibre all the time, it's about a quarter of what I do.
  15. Maavhamt

Editing constraints in sketch mode

Hi, while in 2D sketch mode creating geometric shapes (circles, squares etc) is there a way of editing an existing constraint between 2 shapes? EG if I constrain the centre of a circle to a line using the Coincident constraint can I then delte the Coincident constraint? I've right clicking and...
  16. Maavhamt

Finding constraints

Hi, When applying constraints to an object in assembly I often get the error message, "Constraint over defined". I found recently that an object had an axis created through it to which a constraint was applied but this did not show up in the object's tree in Part Explorer. It took me ages to...