What's new

Search results

1. E

Loft Cut - Help

that seems like a approach that makes sense, I thought of that on my drive home also. thanks!
  2. E

Loft Cut - Help

I am trying to loft cut away to leave a wall thickness on a part. I can loft cut the Inside out no problem, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to loft cut outside the shape. I tried putting some arbitrary rectangles on my two sketches and then loft cut the void, no dice. So I am...
  3. E

offset dimensions box

Another offset problem, When I enter simple equations in the offset box it just disregards them and resorts to the last dimension use. This is often when I am creating from a 2d that uses ordinate dimensions. Seems like a feature that should work as it does in everyother dimension box.
  4. E

BiDirectional Offset

The other issue I have is that we don't often give the center point of a slot as a dimension, its not terrible useful. Usually we define slots with the center of one circle, the spacing, and the width. Its annoying to have cnc guys a set of prints different from the design thoughts.
  5. E

BiDirectional Offset

There needs to be a box that says offset both directions, example making a slot I want to draw the centerline and then offset it equal parts in both directions. It seems tedious that I have to re-open offset box to do this. Or am I missing it?
  6. E

Changing Drawing Model Link - how?

so do a save as for the drawing, and save it as the name of the new file ? This will break the association to the old drawing?
  7. E

Correct, but how do I then copy the drawing to the new directory (obvious) and re-associate the drawing to the new part and have it pull the few minor dimensional changed. Basically I want to save as the new part, then duplicate the drawing from the original in the directory with the new part...
  8. E

This creates a whole new set of parts which is the problem, I only want to change the one part. Creating a whole copy of all the parts throws my document control into chaos.
  9. E

We make many iterations of the same part with only minor changes to a few critical dimensions. I typically make the main model then do a save as when I create the next iteration. This is easy. I want to make one drawing, save it. Then change its model link, and do a save as for the next...
  10. E

Dimension Linking

It would have been nice to see this feature in 2019, its a huge time saver.
  11. E

Dimension Linking

did
  12. E

Dimension Linking

Its not about being bothered, I make models and annotate my manufacturing drawings. Its a waste of time for me in my application to go through all that trouble when all I want to do is sequence a bunch of holes/slots/etc to a same dimension. It would be a useful feature for those of us that...
  13. E

Dimension Linking

I can only give my opinion Lew, I have used inventor for 5-7yrs now on a daily basis in industry and never had any problems with its dimension linking feature. It does work well in Inventor and Solidworks. I used to do some very complex assemblies/parts. Now its much simpler parts in Alibre. I...
  14. E

Dimension Linking

I am a current and former user of Inventor and one feature I really like that Alibre doesn't have is when dimension a model you can just click on a dimension that's already up and they become linked as opposed to going into the f(x) button and linking it to that specific Dimension. Does anyone...
  15. E

reorient axis

I am playing with the CAM demo and I drew my part on the wrong coordinate system and am having difficulty changing the plane my initial sketch is on. Is there a way to do this or is there a way to orient my coordinate system in CAM?
  16. E

Scripting Assemblies

I agree, I will have to look at wizoscript. Side note whats with the random bold words?
  17. E

Scripting Assemblies

yes sir. if over X length, Y parts are required
  18. E

Scripting Assemblies

i was just making up an example with numbers but it was many more than 5, but its not just 5 items 5 ways. Its a a numerical combination mathematically. Anyways its a lot of combinations. I'm struggling to explain. I have a product that can range from 3-48" in 3" increments, it can have 1 of...
  19. E

Scripting Assemblies

I'll do my best. We had a product with 5 main components, in those main components there was 5 options each. We ran a small program or script within Inventor that would auto build the assembly based on selections. Basically it auto built the "confgurations" without someone manually setting...
  20. E

Scripting Assemblies

So I have products with any number of different configurations and I'd like to autoselect those in the assembly and associate a BOM with it. I have used this setup where I used to work one of the guys setup Inventor to prompt you with a series of drop down selection boxes and then it generated...