What's new

Search results

1. E

Loft Cut - Help

I am trying to loft cut away to leave a wall thickness on a part. I can loft cut the Inside out no problem, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to loft cut outside the shape. I tried putting some arbitrary rectangles on my two sketches and then loft cut the void, no dice. So I am...
  2. E

offset dimensions box

Another offset problem, When I enter simple equations in the offset box it just disregards them and resorts to the last dimension use. This is often when I am creating from a 2d that uses ordinate dimensions. Seems like a feature that should work as it does in everyother dimension box.
  3. E

BiDirectional Offset

There needs to be a box that says offset both directions, example making a slot I want to draw the centerline and then offset it equal parts in both directions. It seems tedious that I have to re-open offset box to do this. Or am I missing it?
  4. E

Changing Drawing Model Link - how?

We make many iterations of the same part with only minor changes to a few critical dimensions. I typically make the main model then do a save as when I create the next iteration. This is easy. I want to make one drawing, save it. Then change its model link, and do a save as for the next...
  5. E

Dimension Linking

I am a current and former user of Inventor and one feature I really like that Alibre doesn't have is when dimension a model you can just click on a dimension that's already up and they become linked as opposed to going into the f(x) button and linking it to that specific Dimension. Does anyone...
  6. E

reorient axis

I am playing with the CAM demo and I drew my part on the wrong coordinate system and am having difficulty changing the plane my initial sketch is on. Is there a way to do this or is there a way to orient my coordinate system in CAM?
  7. E

Scripting Assemblies

So I have products with any number of different configurations and I'd like to autoselect those in the assembly and associate a BOM with it. I have used this setup where I used to work one of the guys setup Inventor to prompt you with a series of drop down selection boxes and then it generated...
  8. E

Is there a general how to ?

I have keyshot installed I can open the files from the 'Render" button in Alibre, when I set a desired material finish how do I return to Alibre and have that setting follow me back? Or am I supposed to model my alibre parts in Keyshot and just create images? It be nice to take the material...
  9. E

Exploded View Guide

Is there a guide on how to use the manual explode tool, I have no idea why things wont move in a certian direction but then I click off them and come back and they will. I see that they can follow XYZ based on the pointer but sometimes they just refuse to go a way I've selected.
  10. E

Drawing Template Interactions

I have a drawing template I have been using. I wanted to make some changes to it. So I did and Saved it. I noticed all the drawings I've already made don't update to the new setup, I feel like it should ? Is there a way or am I missing something?
  11. E

Suggest a Feature

So it was requested to fill out a "request a feature" form in another thread. I notice looking through all of the suggestions none of them have been "reviewed" or commented on by developers.
  12. E

tie model configurations to global parameters file

Is there a way to build your model configurations using the Global Parameters information and then just import all those configurations over to the model ? Or am I forced to do "new configuration" in the model and then attach the parameter to the configuration in the GLP file? This seems...
  13. E

Visual Thread Tools

So I know we can create holes/threads with the hole tool, or we can helix them after we draw the profile out of my machinist hand book (this is cumbersome). What is the reason that we don't just get a visual thread when we use the hole tool? Its not a real issue but its a hindrance to some...
  14. E

Alibre Crashes over night

So I usually leave my work computer on over night with projects open (obviously saved current), but ever morning when I come in i have this error
  15. E

File Management

I am having some troubles keeping Alibre from making mess of my windows file structure. I have an assembly with parts from multiple directories and many times Alibre decides to move or save all these already made parts as new copies in the assembly parent folder. Is there a way to make this...
  16. E

Dimension Style

Why is there no way to setup Global Dimension Styles? Every time I need to re-add my editing style ??
  17. E

Display goes haywire

I've got an issue thats related to Alibre and/or my graphics card. I assume it alibre because it is within the window. If i Zoom it goes back to normal.
  18. E

How To identify paramenters

I am trying to create Global Parameters and Configurations, I am figuring this out and its pretty simple not to hard. Where I am getting hung up is how do I identify which "Name" corresponds to which feature ?