What's new

Search results

1. S

[SOLVED]Need help importing dxf file in Alibre V27

Hi Mareiki Wow ! You really like to challenge yourself. Question Did you paste your saved sketch into a Alibre Drawing sketch first? This is the best place to check for overlapping lines. I just click on a line and hit delete button. Keep deleting the same line until it disappears, Then you...
  2. S

[SOLVED]Need help importing dxf file in Alibre V27

Mareike The Way I use is this. I have never had alot success copying Large DXF files directly to Alibre. The software grinds to a halt and the sketches become very memory (Ram) heavy. My process is a follows. 1 Open DXF in 3rd party 2D software. 2 Clean up multiple layers files . Delete what...
  3. S

in an Assembly edit a part in separate window causes disassociation of constraints

Hi Drutort This is an interesting Thread and I have battled with this problem in V26 and V27 for some time. The annoying thing I find is that its very random. I edit a part in another window, close the part window and regen the main assembly. The previously worked on Part/Assm then floats in...
  4. S

Paste DXF into Alibre

Hi A couple of pointers when importing DXF files into Alibre. Experience from years of frustrating imports. 1: Save original DXF file as a copy suffix "Alibre import." 2: Open Copy in 2D software and delete any layers with items not required for import . 3: Go through remaining drawing items...
  5. S

Shaded View option not always available in some drawings of assemblies ?

Hi Nat Thanks for the response. I have read the above description : contains ""both"" inter-design constraints and multiple configurations, I take from this that inter-design contraints on their own dont cause a problem. If you pair them with a part which has multiple configurations then you...
  6. S

Hi As follow-up this was posted in a previous post Limitations of Creating Draft and Shaded Views When creating a 2D drawing of an assembly, there can be limitations on creating Draft Views and Shaded Views. If a top-level assembly or any sub-assembly within a model contains both inter-design...
  7. S

Hi All This problem has been around for a while and I have asked about this in the past. I remember than the inter-part constraints in an Assembly sometimes create this issue. I have had situations recently where I have modified an assembly after it has been developed into a drawing and...
  8. S

Been a while since using Alibre, Attempting a new assembly and nothing but constraint problems

Hi Rmcard Welcome to my nightmare, I have this same problem constantly. The last 2 versions have been very bad at getting phantom constraint issue with parts added into large assemblies. You build the assembly constraining as you go with no problems only to reopen the same assembly the next...
  9. S

Inserted Centre marks not updating to new Position when hole locations changed.

Hi Harold Thanks for your input. I can see this is obvious now but to many people it is undefined in the 2D drawing instructions that this is critical to reduce the risk of error. It would be good for Alibre to put this detail in the 2D drawing instruction manual. Thanks again
  10. S

Problems inserting shaded view of assemblies into a drawing .

I suppose each user has there own preferences. I find it very helpful for the workshop and site install guys to colour code each Member type in the Main GA assembly. This helps them identify particular install locations easier. Thanks for the info I can adjust my technique when I need to now.
  11. S

Hi Nate Thanks for that, I was assuming that it was a part colour issue involving the graphics card. model contains both inter-design constraints and multiple configurations, I do use configurations a lot in my Assemblies. I try to constrain parts and Sub-assemblies to ref Planes etc. So...
  12. S

Hi All What colour selections determines if you can insert an Assembly view in shaded format. I find it a bit of a lottery when creating assemblies with parts of different colours. Sometimes I can insert these as a shaded Assm view into a drawing with no hitch. Other times it will only...
  13. S

The problem is that a small change in location of the hole can lead to operator missing the dimension error. I have tried a number of different drafting procedures to identify which step seems to create the problem. My conclusion from this was this. 1: It only appeared to occur when using the...
  14. S

Hi All I have a question to other users regarding a dangerous error occurring in my drawings. I have posted a request to the help desk regarding this problem but have received no response or remedy for the problem Background: Over 15 years using Alibre as my main CAD software for my mechanical...
  15. S

The memory leak issue is not very funny anymore.... please fix it soonest. Delay V24 if you have to. Just fix it.

I hear you big time. This issue has cost me many hours of rework in the last 4 months. -Related issues to system crashes from memory leaks - I now run Task manager on another monitor and keep an eye on memory usage build-up. If I am doing any 2D drawing development work in a part I get a...
  16. S

Memory Leak - Windows Task Manager Screenshots

Interesting Thread, I had big problems with a large building Assm I was working on. I spent hours trying to work out why my assemblies would grind to a snails pace. Hours of inspection revealed that my habit of using guide sketch's that were unconstrainted was obviously causing major issues in...
  17. S

Multiple BOM tables into single drawing file

Hi Hunter Thanks for the suggestion. I have used this technique over the years but it is quite risky when you are completing 30+ drawings in a complete project. My BOMs have been customised to include Material type, Cut lengths, weights and quantities. They are all driven by the Main GA...
  18. S

Multiple BOM tables into single drawing file

Hi All I have been using this software for over a 12 years now and have developed my methods of modelling and producing workshop drawings to match Alibre's capabilities. My main area of work in the last 5 years has been around structural steel for new buildings and earthquake strengthening of...
  19. S

Making subassy flexible turns entire design explorer red?

Thanks for you response JST. I normally start by finding latest corrupted constraint and then go to that part to rework the constraints. Not always successful and if the Job is on a tight budget I just anchor it to keep going. Its hard to rebuild complete assemblies if you are working on a...
  20. S

Making subassy flexible turns entire design explorer red?

Hi All , Good to hear that I am not alone in having major issues in the last 2 months with assembly Constraint conflicts. I am losing so much time trying to constrain Sub-Assemblies into parent assembly. I need to trial various different combinations of constraints to find a acceptable...