What's new

Search results

1. E

Drawing section view cutting plane backwards in new update

With the new update the arrows point in the wrong direction. Is this a setting somewhere? It is definitely not correct under conventional drafting standards in the way it is.
  2. E

Ideas for inserting part from excel sheet?

Hey guys, At my job we have various components saved into various libraries and to be honest, its is a mess. I would like to have an excel sheet where i can input data of all the files. Ideally it would have some function where I can click on it and insert it into the current assembly... Any...
  3. E

PSA: It is much easier to share code using the [CODE] function in the text editor.

Much like how when quoting someone it is easier to read using the Quote feature, it is a lot easier to understand someones code if they use the built-in BBCode feature. It also takes up less space, and allows seamless copy/paste to and from your text editor. Its the difference between this: #...
  4. E

Why does material use density instead of the material?

I am creating a script that allows you to quickly Save As a part and change filename/directory/description/part number/ and MATERIAL. This is impossible since for some reason MATERIAL actually equals DENSITY.... I have been using P.Material, which returns 1.0 by default. Is it called...
  5. E

Anybody get tkinter to work?

It should be inculded in it by deafult, and I see it in my program files but it does not work. Both import tkinter and import Tkinter give the "no module found" error message. I need it to provide a GUI to save files too.
  6. E

Line type not printing

Hey guys, I have an assembly drawing that has a detail view and a circle sketch figure. Both are set to dashed line types. Both do not print dashed, however they did print the correct color. So they are the correct line type and color in the software, but they both do not print dashed... Any ideas?
  7. E

Need to combine assembly into single part file

I have a file that is used in assemblies that was imported from the manufactures website. It was a .stp file and contains hundreds of individual surfaces/parts. This is not abnormal but as always everything is a struggle with alibre. 1) Boolean does not work, I get generic "unable to perform...
  8. E

Alibre deleting threads...

UPDATE: I was mistaken. thread was moved, not deleted. Hopefully Alibre can implement a system that alerts users if their threads were moved. This thread can be deleted... I did not see an option to do that.... I posted a thread on this forum yesterday with a few bugs and issues I had. It is no...
  9. E

Suppressing assembly cut extrude... not possible?

I am trying to make an isometric section view of an assembly to be used on my drawing. Since there is no such feature in Alribre, I was planning on creating a second configuration where I simply cut the full assembly where needed. The problem is, unless I'm missing something, that there is no...
  10. E

Centerlines adding themselves... very annoying

Anytime certain actions occur, alibre adds center lines to the views. Example: In an assy drawing I create/update a broken out section. When I accept the change Alibre adds all center lines to the view. This is extremely annoying because I either need to individually delete all center lines or...