What's new

Search results

1. S

Polygon diameter

I couldn't see how to do that but figured it out after seeing your reply. I have to do it with the dimension tool after creating the initial instance. Thanks.
  2. S

Polygon diameter

Trying to create a 6-sided polygon where the inner circle is 6.2 mm. Initial diameter controlled by mouse only with no way I can see to set a precise value. Am I missing something? Alibre Atom 3D v23
  3. S

Can't find problem element

Yes-I see it. Thank you! Now I need a tutorial. I see Stefan did things quite differently than I did.
  4. S

I can't find a spline tool. If anyone knows how to achieve that in Atom3D that would be really nice!
  5. S

Thanks Stefan. The problem is I can only afford Atom3D which is missing some of those neat tools. But I am appreciative of what I have since it's a pretty powerful tool anyway. I figured the points were sketch radii but I only drew two arcs so couldn't figure out why there were three. Of course...
  6. S

OK. I deleted the inner arc segment and put the centerline point back where it belonged. Then I redrew the arc. This almost corrected things. Turns out one of the endpoints on the arc at that point wasn't properly connected which I could see by zooming in. So now I'm OK but still confused about...
  7. S

By moving the center line point indicated I discovered the problem. I get the extra point indicated on the right. Before moving the centerline point these are superimposed. But I can't figure out how to eliminate one of them.
  8. S

In the attached drawing when I try to extrude boss I get the error "open or overlapping figures are not supported." Normally I can zoom way in and follow the perimeter until I locate the item causing the problem. This time I can't see anything except there are three points along the centerline...
  9. S

How to do this...

Ahhh. Thank you.
  10. S

How to do this...

(Atom 3D V21) In the attached design if you zoom in on the corner where I have Sketch<9> and Revolution<9> and then Edit Revolution<9> I think you will see what I'm trying to do which is to fill the corner. On top of that surface I was going to place a little circle and extrude it upwards as a...
  11. S

Sketch rotation

I was able to make this work but if any step isn't precisely correct it doesn't work! It's tricky but at least now I can do it! Thank you Stefan.
  12. S

Sketch rotation

Using Atom 3D V21. In the attached design can someone tell me how to rotate the sketch an arbitrary angle around the point [0,0]?
  13. S

How to bevel edge

Actually at the bottom of your post it indicates you use "Design Expert..." and at the bottom of mine I indicated "Atom 3D." Not sure how many people use indicate that in their profile. Remembering to check is always the problem. Fortunately in many ways even though accessed differently many...
  14. S

How to bevel edge

JST: In Atom 3D V21 Chamfer and Fillet are two separate buttons. HaroldL: Yes! Thanks again all!
  15. S

How to bevel edge

Brilliant! I hate it when I miss obvious stuff but that's one of the things that makes the forum so great. Thank you all!
  16. S

How to bevel edge

Thanks. I wish I'd mentioned that I was aware of the chamfer tool but that gives me a 45 degree bevel and I was hoping to have a more gradual bevel for this situation. I can't figure out if that's a really difficult or not but I couldn't see how to do it easily.
  17. S

How to bevel edge

In the attached design I'm trying to figure out how to slope the edge in the sketch "Bevel Outer Edge" down to the inner edge. The inner edge is 2.5 mm and I'd like the bevel to leave 0.5 mm at that inside edge. FWIW this is for a 3D print.
  18. S

Can't figure out placement in Assembly

Excellent. I got it. I didn't realize I could align the wall of a cylinder with a planar surface. Thank you!
  19. S

Thanks. I was wondering about that.
  20. S

I'm using Alibre Atom 3D. I included my simple test design in which there is a base part and a second part consisting of 4 "pegs." I have successfully constrained the pegs to sit on top of the base. Now I'd like to place the pegs. If you view the base face on as it is when loaded I would like to...