What's new

Search results

1. M

Re-Usable geometry

This may take a little explaining so apologies first. Real world projects are best for learning so I've been using AD Expert to design dust collection adapters for my wood shop stationary equipment. Now I want to move onto the portable and hand held tools and want to develop a bayonet adapter...
  2. M

exporting separate stl files of configurations

Love AD Expert, use it for a ton of projects at home. One thing I'm not sure is even possible, is there a way to automate export of stl files of different configurations in a part file? Right now the process is the set the configuration active then manually change the name when exporting the...
  3. M

freelance work

Getting ready to do some freelance work for the first time and looking for advice on things like terms and payment methods, and most importantly, traps and things to watch out for. More than forty years of plastic mold design experience, both injection and blow, would be my expertise. I've done...
  4. M

exploded views are great

I've done exploded views in lots of different cad programs and I really appreciate how easy it is in AD. Good job.
  5. M

drawing note with part properties

Is it possible with scripting to pick a part in a drawing view and extract the part name, part data or custom properties, then place the note on the drawing? It would be nice if this data was parametric but static would be more accurate and quicker than entering the data manually. tia
  6. M

split balloon with qty on lower half

Is there a way to either automatically or with a script fill in the bottom half of a split balloon with item quantity? Thanks in advance.
  7. M

changing automatic geometric constraints in sketcher

Forgive me if I've missed something in a quick search, but I'd like to change the automatic constraints in sketcher while adding lines from perpendicular and parallel automatic constraints to just horizontal and vertical. Before anyone gets worked up about this I'd like to state that this goes...
  8. M

save-as issues

I have a project that includes a global parameter file, parts, a single assembly and a drawing. This is being used as a test for save as because it is not too complex but does include all the parts of a design. A save-as on all required files has been performed more than once with similar...
  9. M

traversing large assemblies

First, I want to thank everyone who challenged my ides when posting here, different ways of thinking are always helpful. Now, I have two questions about large assemblies and assemblies in general. Previous experience has taught that breaking large assemblies into smaller sub-assemblies has many...
  10. M

plane/solid intersection curve

Is there a way to achieve intersection curves between a planer object and a solid in Alibre expert? I would like to create the intersection curves then add them to a sketch to create additional features, and no, projecting curves won't work. I've considered other modeling techniques but the...
  11. M

configuration and expressions

Love Alibre Expert, just took a simple mechanical assembly, did a save as to copy it for a different size of the same basic component configuration. I know that configurations of assemblies with configurations of components is possible, but I'm just starting to walk here, will run later. In the...
  12. M

maintaining part relations

Basically a newb to Alibre but not to cad. To gain experience I'm modeling dust collector adapters for my wood shop and 3d printing them. So far so good. Now I have a part that is larger than the printer bed and was wondering how to create three unique parts that can be glued together. My...
  13. M

global parameters not automatically updating in v25 after save all on assembly

New to Alibre, new to the forums. I like the configurations and assemblies and global parameters, so I created an assembly in which every part referenced the same global parameter file. The first stab at this worked well and I wanted to make an independent variation of the assembly ,so I did a...