What's new

Search results

1. S

Where used in BOM request

I have a request for a script. Please could someone create a script (I'm assume this can be achieved through script) that adds a column to a BOM that denotes in which assembly/assemblies a part is used.
  2. S

Hole Table

Is it possible to generate a hole table from a part or part drawing ?
  3. S

Error list ?

Is there a full list of all potential errors and their meanings ?
  4. S

Motion script needs update for V27

I have a script which I borrowed from Nate (https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/motion-studies.21013/#post-134869) This worked well in V26 but does not run in V27. Does anyone have any ideas ? Many thanks
  5. S

Toolbox VS Part/Assembly Configurations

What are the differences between Toolbox and Part/Assembly configurations and the Pro's and Con's of both.
  6. S

Sincere thanks for V27

My sincere thanks to all at Alibre. V27 has made vast improvements to my models in shortening the tree through grouping and has also massively improved on constraint handling. Due to their complexity some of my models under V26 were very jittery when dragging parts in rotation, now under V27...
  7. S

Exploded assembly collapsed in drawing view.

Yesterday I created a drawing wherein I added a view orientation set to the exploded view. This morning when I opened the drawing the view has collapsed to its assembled state and I can not find a way to refresh the view to the set/exploded state. I am obviously missing something. Does anyone...
  8. S

Hyperlinks in 2D drawings ?

Is it possible to insert a hyperlink into a 2D drawing that will open the corresponding 3D pdf exploded view ?
  9. S

When is an Axis, not an Axis ?

When you are trying to use two axes to form a constraint. Try constraining 'Y' of the 'Axis Test Sub Assembly' with the 'Test Axis' of the 'Axis Test Main Assembly'
  10. S

Owner appearing twice in assembly equation editor under different equation names

Can anyone explain how the same assembly constraint appears with two equation names ? Is it the two planes that form the angle ?
  11. S

Walschaerts (Resolved)

Has anyone had any success in modelling Walschaerts valve gear ? I keep reaching a point where constraints become over defined no matter how much I change the order of assembly or way parts are structured into sub assemblies. There are no design relationships, patterns or arrays in any sub...
  12. S

Slot constraints

I know there have been previous threads on the topic, but I wondered if anyone could help in getting the fire door handles to slot with the fire doors. Many thanks.
  13. S

Suppressing assembly feature V26

Is it possible to suppress, rather than delete an assembly feature in V26 ?
  14. S

Looking up sketch constraints

Is it possible to look up the specifics of a sketch constraint i.e. what entities are used within the constraint. I assume that the program records these details somewhere. An example is; that I have a part where sketch 1 is constrained to another part in an assembly. I wish to replace that part...
  15. S

Assemblies, suppressed items / packages ?

Are suppressed items included in packages ?
  16. S

Script request, dimension fraction height

Please could someone create a script to format fractions in dimensions to reduce the height of the fraction (whether in a mixed number or a single fraction) as per word formating. For exmple 3 ½ Many thanks
  17. S

A point in space ?

Can anyone tell me why point<9> is where it is ?
  18. S

Drawing Template. Exploded / Saved / No user input

I opened the default ISO A1 template, right click, explode symbol, changed, saved as a new file. When I re-opened the drawing I was not prompted for input and the fields, lines and all entities remain separate. Have I missed a step ?
  19. S

Problems constraining sketch ( Resolved )

Can anyone tell me why I cannot fully constrain sketch 1 in the attached part ?
  20. S

Cosmetic threads in drawing of Boolean part

I have created a purely Boolean part. I could have done an assembly but prefered the Boolean as the parts are to be brazed together rather than screwed/bolted. As a matter of curiosity I created a drawing of the part. I will be doing drawings of my parts/assemblies once they are finished. My...