What's new

Search results

1. J

Festive Greetings 2016

Hey everyone! Been a while since I've stopped through... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, to those that celebrate it. Otherwise, "Live Long and Prosper" should still cover the sentiment! :D
  2. J

TRUST

Not sure what you're trying to say, Sunprojekt82. The issue is how the equation editor handles itself. Actually it's in the conversion between degrees and radians and rounding errors. The more conversions that happen the more error you're likely to see. I'll also say that this is the first time...
  3. J

Screw Selector-- The Return...

That's a great tool to put in the arsenal, Lew. I like it! :D My whole point on making this, however, was to provide the user with a quick component-on-demand system without having to look for a library (or they can create their own library). The majority of users I deal with are generally...
  4. J

Screw Selector-- The Return...

Hi guys! Been a long, long while since I've been able to get back to any of this. With the advent of WizoScript, things have gotten a lot easier from a coding perspective. And now, after a free afternoon, I submit to you the first draft of the new Screw Selector... Right now only SHCS (Metric...
  5. J

Windows 10 Beta

There's the option to boot desktop-- which you could also do in 8/8.1 using Classic Shell. But I digress. Assuming my wife doesn't have a honey-do list for me when I get home, I'll see about some screen shots. Luckily, I'm using this Slate-- which was a computer to begin with... :P
  6. J

Windows 10 Beta

First blush, no issues for me here. Played around with an assembly of approx. 80 parts. Overall, not too shabby.
  7. J

Windows 10 Beta

So far what "bugginess" there is, is more due to missing features (Metro related) than anything with the base kernel (at least, that's what I'm seeing so far). I went the unnatural route and did it as an upgrade and not a clean install. So far, no issues, but haven't had a need to use GD, yet...
  8. J

workplane at an angle

To get an angled plane, you first need an axis to act as a 'pivot'. If you need your angled plane to be offset, you must first offset the axis: You could make an angled plane, then make a second one offset from the first, but the method outlined here has less clutter, IMO (no H, because...
  9. J

Springs in assemblies

Close. Very close Indeed! :D The Eq Editor is used in defining the wire OD and spring OD. Admittedly, there's a Length entry in the Assembly, but, in fact, it's unused. I just forgot to take it back out. A bit of a red herring... :lol: The spring "sections" may be viewed as one half-coil...
  10. J

Springs in assemblies

Thanks, Lew. To be honest, I wasn't looking for something strictly accurate as I was looking for something to use in an animation. :lol: I completely agree about needing advance constraints and global associations in GM. Been a request for as long as I can remember... EDIT: Perhaps...
  11. J

Springs in assemblies

While the helix is great for making springs, sometimes you'd like to see one compress or extend whilst constrained within the assembly. Since I just had to do one in SolidWorks, I though I'd do one up in GM and share it here. I'll do up a tutorial when time allows, but don't expect it to be too...
  12. J

Windows 8

I'll also chime in and recommend Classic Shell to let you take back control of the Start Menu. Heck, I even use it on my Win7 machines. Can't help it. I really, really, liked the Classic Style Menus. It's nice to get them back. :mrgreen: Ok, this screenshot doesn't quite do it justice, since...
  13. J

Keyoard, mouse, and joystick in one...

I came across this on Kickstarter yesterday. I don't beleive I'm coordinated enough to use it, but some of you younger fellas might... King's Assembly
  14. J

bigseb 2000th post

Congrats to Sebastian for hitting the 2000 post mark!
  15. J

Opening drawing session through API

The community helps support as time allows... If it doesn't return what you think it should, then what does it return for the session type?
  16. J

GM Version 16?

Haven't had a chance yet (got five line launches going on-- simultaneously). If I get a moment this afternoon, I'll give it a whirl.
  17. J

GM Version 16?

Yeah, that was actually the first one I received. But on the other hand, activating and deactivating is supposed to be easier. From the Knowledgebase:
  18. J

GM Version 16?

Got another email saying pretty much the same thing. There will be no new updates coming from alibre.com. New licensing schema. Here's the web version of the email
  19. J

GM Version 16?

Appears to be a general update. I got the same email just moments ago... I got funneled down to 2 installs as well. And I'm wondering of this part may be problematic for those of us that were grandfathered in:
  20. J

Alibre/Geomagic News

Well, actually, you can, but I won't belabor the point. Which rather proves my point. Since you willingly had done the work on what changes you think are needed, the community could have validated them and the manual changed. Again, proves my point. We may have an opportunity to be proactive...