What's new

Search results

1. E

How to Reassign part to a drawing.

I have an assembly with about 50 parts. They are all in folder A. I then created drawings for all parts, with the drawings in folder A/drawings. After an extensive redesign, I copied all of the parts to a new folder, B. I then copied the A/drawings folder [with all 50 drawings] to a new folder...
  2. E

Getting rid of extraneous information

I've created a part that I now want to export as a PNG. I have turned off the origin, the axises and the planes. however, there is still a green origin with XYZ axis, and still showing the first extrusion dimension, some other dimensions, etc. Can I get rid of EVERYTHING except the part, so I...
  3. E

JPG and Alibre - a match?

I would like to "glue" a JPG to a surface on a part I have made. Is that even conceivable? If not, any indirect way to get a picture on a part surface? If so, how?
  4. E

Support - gone???

Support - gone??? I've posted a couple of "incidents" on the AD website over the past week. No response whatsoever. Calling support, gets voice mail, but no return call. Is Alibre countering the increase in support prices with absolutely NO...
  5. E

New release?

New release? I've had AD for 6 months now, and so far no new releases. I was told when I bought it there would be "at least" 2 new releases per year. Anyone know about the next release after V8.0? thanks,
  6. E

Saving with "Duplicate" files

Saving with "Duplicate" files This is a recurring problem. I export to a new folder a complex assembly with many parts, some duplicated several times. I then import the file from the folder having only the one export [.stp] file. When I try to save the assembly in...
  7. E

Bill of Material

Bill of Material The BOM goes through each sub assembly in an "assembly", and lists all parts that make up each sub assembly. I have a need to list the sub assemblies that make up an assembly, but not list the parts [that is done from each sub...
  8. E

Saving with duplicate files

Saving with duplicate files I exported a complex assembly to a different drive. I then imported it, intending on saving the file to this new drive. On doing so, I found that I can't save it, it shows "duplicate files", and sure enough, there are two sets of...
  9. E

Anbother newbie frustration - moving parts

Anbother newbie frustration - moving parts I'm finding that the move and rotate part commands are inconsistant. With two (sub)assemblies that are constrained to move relative to each other in one direction only, sometimes I can move one of them OK, then without doing anything...
  10. E

Newbie Frustration with alibre

Newbie Frustration with alibre 1) I've been "playing" with Alibre for about a week. so far, I have found the constraint system to be extremely cranky, especially when more than a few parts are involved. Any comments, thoughts, help would be greatly appreciated. I...
  11. E

Generating a JPEG file

Generating a JPEG file I tried to generate a jpeg from an assembly drawing. Very nice, all black file. I was able to "print" a PDF file, and that looks good, although I would like to know how to turn off the axis lines. Thoughts, help? Thank you all...