What's new

2019- List of New Features or Fixes

KMoffett

Since AlibreCAM 2019 was just released, was there any behind the scenes collaboration with Mecsoft for Alibre Design 2019?

Ken

Nick952

Hopefully the Alibre team have now provided MecSoft with an updated API (that they required), enabling them to bring AlibreCam development/functionality up to the same level as their other 2019 Cam plugins.
Nick.

Last edited:

VoltsAndBolts

BTW I think we are going to be able to do this in 3D. So it would look like this in the 3D model. Should make technical illustrations a breeze.

View attachment 27343

The ability to do this will be a big plus for me. I often write work instructions for product assemble and have had to turn to other tools to create the line drawing graphics like this. This is a display option in Solidworks that I am happy to see making its arrival here in Alibre!

My thanks to Max and the "A" crew for implementing this.

A Big thumbs up!

Drutort

I would love for the option to have the ability to create a copy of features, like copy paste, this would be a huge time saver for many reasons, sometimes their are many boring repetitive operations, and we can use GLP's to go and inter things, also it would be smart to have the dimensions of the said copy have incremental ability, starting say with 1 then going 2, 3 etc... so if your GLP is setup right its possible to have minimal editing. (would prefer for the feature of incremental be defined in system or drawing/model settings, this way possibly having it on OR off, sometimes want to have duplicate dimensions too)

Also please give us ability to copy sheets! in 2D and be able to change/select the configuration for the sheets on the fly

batejosh

I would love for the option to have the ability to create a copy of features, like copy paste, this would be a huge time saver for many reasons, sometimes their are many boring repetitive operations, and we can use GLP's to go and inter things, also it would be smart to have the dimensions of the said copy have incremental ability, starting say with 1 then going 2, 3 etc... so if your GLP is setup right its possible to have minimal editing. (would prefer for the feature of incremental be defined in system or drawing/model settings, this way possibly having it on OR off, sometimes want to have duplicate dimensions too)

Also please give us ability to copy sheets! in 2D and be able to change/select the configuration for the sheets on the fly

Copying sheets and changing configurations!! Would be a game changer!

Drutort

Hello batejosh,

what does changing configurations mean for you?

Regards
Stefan
in 2D drawing, we can not copy paste sheets, nor can we change configurations of those individual parts as you can in asm 3d etc..

having this feature would be a game changer, because you can create on the fly many similar parts that have few variations, dimensioning parts of one sheet, then copy paste that sheet and change configurations! that would save so so much time! maybe have to redimension few things for each configuration but thats still not bad

pair that with GLP and wow can you save a lot of time, and possibly have only few part models but a lot of sheets for dimensioning

MarcusWolschon

Parametize a "linear repetition" inside a sketch sheet like when doing a linear repetition of 3D features.
Currently it just copy and pastes sketch -elements with no link of the copies to reflect later changes to the original nor a way to asign variables to the count and distance of repetitions.

And extend it to Circular Patterns and make them (and Linear Patterns) "relatable" to component patterning at the Assembly level!

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Max,
Will these styles be possible also without tangent edges?
Regards, S.

When you say "tangent edge" do you mean "Silhouette Edge"?

If so, what is the reason? We actually just removed Silhouette Edges as an option from 3D and tied it to the Illustration and Wireframe View Modes instead. The reason is that Silhouette Edges in 3D are very expensive to calculate, and on assemblies it really brings performance down. So it's "dangerous" in that people have to know this, otherwise they're stuck with bad performance and a marginally better looking 3D model in most view modes.

Where Silhouette Edges really shine however is in Illustration Mode and in WireFrame mode, which is why we tied them to those modes. Viewing Illustration Mode without Silhouette Edges turned on is often a really bad experience as well.

autocart

Hi Max,

Thanks for your reply.
To show what I mean by tangent edges, I marked some examples with red ellipses in the other picture which you had posted.
Regards, S.

tangent edges.jpg