What's new

Novice Qs and Shelling and Filleting Solids

Ex Machina

That's an amazing result! What beautiful parts. And knowin the journey you took to arrive at that design, it makes it even more impressive! Massive KUDOS Kelly!

I opened the video and it is buffering a bit. I guess if I'll check it out in about an hour it'll work better. But the parts look stunning

Last edited:

kcoffield

That's an amazing result! What beautiful parts. And knowin the journey you took to arrive at that design, it makes it even more impressive! Massive KUDOS Kelly!

I opened the video and it is buffering a bibt. I guess if I'll check it out in about an hour it'll work better. But the parts look stunning
Thank you very much K for your time and patience. Video is only minutes old so should be viewable. It is at least when I select it. Let me know if not so after a while.

Best,
Kelly

Last edited:

kcoffield

I completed this project and thought I'd just add one more post here for closure and to again thanks the folks here that helped me down the learning curve. I'm still very much the novice but at least am much better at fully constraining sketches, have a much better understanding parametric modeling, and can usually troubleshoot my own problems and work. I'm sure I'll be back for more advice in the future. The first video the process for creating the foam pattern and resulting casting. The second video it building that casting into a completed induction system. They' get kind of long if you aren'tinto this sort of thing but you can cut to the chase by viewing the completion pictures at the end of the second video.

IMG_1893.JPG

Thanks again to all,
Kelly

Last edited:

Ex Machina

I already commented on the YT video, Kelly. But that's just Too Sexy!!! Such a beautiful blend of form and function. Congratulations are warranted but may not be enough for such a beautiful creation!

P.S. I'm really sorry for what you're about to read but I look at this and this tune is stuck in my head:

"That's... too Sexy for my Car...
Too Sexy for my Car
It has only 4 cylinders..."