What's new

Recent content by mr.ska

1. M

Looking for an Alibre Designer

Check your e-mail! :wink:
  2. M

AD work postings?

Thanks Wilbur, I may have missed that one otherwise!
  3. M

AD work postings?

AD work postings? Just as I've come to really get to know Alibre Design, the company I work for laid me off. Is there any site - other than this one, of course - where Alibre Design work is advertised? I'm available for permanent or contract work...
  4. M

disappearing faces

I've seen that issue on my computer, and others in my office. When that happens to a part, I typically try opening that part in a separate window, but it always appears correctly, but stays messed up in the assembly. I haven't opened an issue about it with Alibre Support yet. Anyone else?
  5. M

Assembly enhancement (Move command)

I cannot for the life of me understand why people don't like using constraints. My last company (using UniGraphics) used no constraints, and I don't know why. So long as you ALWAYS use them, and use them logically, they can really benefit you. If you really, really can't stomach them, I'd...
  6. M

step import and stp import

It's probably the same reason Alibre will refuse to import .iges files, but if you rename them to .igs it'll bring them in no problem. However, realize that native Alibre parts are saved as .stp files, so when you renamed it Alibre thought they were native, and may have skipped over some...
  7. M

Reassociate Repositories

I've been walked through said process. It's quite easy, and gave me my repositories back inside of 5 minutes. I now keep a backup copy of my localrepositories.cfg file just in case.
  8. M

What Is Your Favorite Background Color?

I've stayed with the default colour, and I've done so regardless of the CAD system I was using. I find white to be too hard on the eyes, and black tends to hide too much shaded detail. The standard default blue seems to be a good compromise. For what it's worth, if a system has offered a...
  9. M

Help Finding Other Nearby AD Users

The easiest way to accomplish this would be to simply create an account on this forum and fill out your profile with your complete location. For example, I know from his profile that Robert (rbrian) is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. But swertel, on the other hand, I can only locate...
  10. M

Work Arounds

I agree, it would be helpful.
  11. M

Round off errors on dimensions - What's up?????

That still would not explain why multiple dimensions of 0.625 come out as either 0.63 or 0.62. By your explanation they should always come out at 0.62, which isn't the case.
  12. M

Round off errors on dimensions - What's up?????

Re: Well, there's another issue I don't like. I have my increment value set at .125", but at times when I'm incrementing a dimension it suddenly explodes in a shower of decimal places (and nines or ones). I don't understand why this...
  13. M

drawing tables?

Hmmm... an image of a spreadsheet. Full marks for creativity, but it sounds ponderous, honestly. Right now my BOM table is working just fine, the only problem being all the extra files that it generates in my repository (each BOM table being its own object). What about inserting an image of...
  14. M

light source editing, or options

light source editing, or options I am finding that the default light source settings for Alibre can be somewhat limiting. It makes visualization of features on the left-hand of my screen difficult, because at times they are in the "shadow". I'd like to see, at a...
  15. M

SEARCHABLE REPOSITORY!!! WHEN??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully you can search the repository about the same time you can share repositories without having to be online for everyone to share them. I'm still waiting.