What's new

Recent content by Willis123

1. W

Wrap function with draft?

I'm not set on the font at all. I'll try something more simple or maybe draw my own letters. I see you used a chamfer instead of a draft. WIll I get the intended outcome either way? Thanks for the clues!:)
  2. W

Wrap function with draft?

I am designing a candy bar mold of which the top of the bar is a long large radius. I want to "sink" in lettering and design to a constant depth into the top surface using the Wrap function. That works great but I would also like to add a little draft to make the mold release easier. I will make...
  3. W

Sweep Boss

That worked. Thank you Harold (and Simon by seconds!). Boy, that's a subtle rule. Today, I am that much smarter.
  4. W

Sweep Boss

Can you take a look at my part? I would like to sweep Sketch 9 along Sketch 10 but AD won't budge (OK is greyed out). The analyzer can't find any problems. Does the order in which the sketches are listed in the tree matter? I'm using V22.
  5. W

Sweep Boss

Does the sketch that I want to sweep along a path object need to have the path inside its perimeter? I have a shape that's away from the path (path is not inside the shape) and AD isn't letting me do it. Also, can you use a circle as a sweep path?
  6. W

dimensioning spline control points

I need to give myself a dope slap!:oops: I didn't realize there were other forms of the spline function. The "spline" function does give me the ability to directly dimension the reference points. Thanks Nick. Is there a good definition of how the three splines work? Seems like the "Spline by...
  7. W

Thanks Simon. Your drawing is similar to mine. I'll dimension the points.
  8. W

I have a specific (customer supplied) shape I need to revolve into a solid and I was wondering if there was a way to dimension the control points on a spline. The dimension tool is blind to them. I could put in and dimension reference lines and pick the intersection but what a pain! After...
  9. W

save as a OBJ file for Virtual Reality display

Thanks Hunter and Max for the ideas. I used CAD Assistant and it's fine for what I'm doing. But is there any plan to integrate a (save as) OBJ file into AD? I don't know how many of us are using our designs in VR.
  10. W

save as a OBJ file for Virtual Reality display

I need to save an AD part as an OBJ file to use in a VR lab. Can this be done? And can you save assemblies as well?
  11. W

convert to OBJ file

Thanks Bob. I'm having more clients asking for that type of file, mostly for 3D printing but also virtual reality. We shall see if Alibre flips the switch on this one.
  12. W

convert to OBJ file

Is there anyway to save a part file into a OBJ file? I know there are on-line converters but would prefer to convert within Alibre.
  13. W

Can You Apply Images and Graphics to 3D Parts and Drawings?

If you are just interested in what the graphics will look like, you can render your part(s) in Keyshot and add your graphics as a decal. Easier peasier!
  14. W

.ARB file migration?

Good news: I uploaded the .arb files and Support was able to open them up. I have all my old files now. :D
  15. W

.ARB file migration?

Thanks DavidJ. I just submitted a ticket. We shall see!