What's new

Search results

1. D

Text size larger?

Hi all, I am running screen res @ 2560x1400 at 200 % . Does anyone know how to make the text size in the selection boxes larger in AD. If I change to 225% I have other problems with win 10.
  2. D

text size in boxes

Hi all, I am running screen res @ 2560x1400 at 200 % . Does anyone know how to make the text size in the selection boxes larger in AD. If I change to 225% I have other problems with win 10.
  3. D

Clear all shortcut in measure window?

So is there a shortcut to clear the selected items when measuring other than right clicking and selecting clear all? Seems like it should just automatically clear when you select a third item?
  4. D

unuseful error code

Just spent several hours reworking an assembly and get this when trying to save- help hate to do it all again
  5. D

grid only covers part of work area

I do not often use "spap to grid" but thought it might be useful in this instance- but does not seem to be, as the grid does not cover the whole screen and if you draw circles using snap to grid the circles are not constrained to the grid points? Am i missing what this tool is useful for? PS I...
  6. D

Anyone using EZ CAM?

Am looking at a demo of EZ Cam.So far it looks really good ! Any comment +/- would be appreciated.
  7. D

feature colors

I have a part that is cylindrical with one material brazed to another then ground to the same diameter. I would like to make different thicknesses of these materials using configurations and be able to see the layers in different colors. Ex part 1-would be 1/2 inch long material A(blue) 1/8...
  8. D

alibre viewer??

I thought that AD had a viewer that could be sent to a customer to view AD files? Was there such a thing and is it still available? or is the pdf export the only way? Seems like AD is charging $150 for atom. If my customer were to buy atom would they be able to open AD files?
  9. D

publish to 3d pdf

When I save a dwawing as pdf all is well but when try to publish a 3d pdf it says to install latest version of acrobat. Do I have to purchase acrobat to use this feature now?
  10. D

Why is direct edit completely useless in V24

Direct edit does not work anymore!! This is an essential tool and it used to work well but is useless now. AM I MISSING SOMETHING
  11. D

windows 11

How dos AD play with Win 11. My newer laptop is hot to upgrade, but don't have 11 on desktop where i use AD the most
  12. D

Hole tool useless??

Is the hole tool as useless as it seems? I put 10-32 countersunk holes in a plate and there are threads at the bottom of the countersink. In what universe would threads at the bottom a a countersink ever work? This is a feature that needs WORK. Why can it not work like fastener feature in SW...
  13. D

suppressed features are gone for good??

When I suppress a feature in a part it does not just grey out it is gone for good.I can undo and it comes back but if I save the part the feature is gone for good!! Anyone else have this problem?? Alibre Design Version: 2017.1.2 64-bit [Build 18701]
  14. D

publish to pdf not working

I have had alibre design expert for many years and my publish to pdf is not working. It creates a pdf file but there is no part in it?It used to make a file that the customer could rotate etc. Is there a add on that needs to be installed in win10?
  15. D

publishing to pdf problems

Hi all, When I publish to pdf all I get are blank documents. I have not used this feature in a long time and was wondering if they have changed things?? It used to just work
  16. D

not snapping to origin etc

I have installed the latest release and for some reason, while sketching- the cursor no longer snaps to origin nor endpoints anymore the cursor symbol used to change to a point when close to a point ? The on edge or on midpoint symbols come on but not the point or origin?
  17. D

extrude to next

Just opened an older drawing that had a working no problems thin line boss feature that was extruded to next. Opened it to make it a little thicker now it won't work. I opened up the new help menu and it only has to depth, mid plane and to geometry as options even though the to next is in the...