What's new

Search results

1. T

Toolbar icons in V26 are way too big (Fixed)

Admin Edit: System Options -> Display -> General : Toolbar Icon Size to change the size of icons. Toolbar icons in V26 are way too big. This makes using Alibre much less convenient for me. Perhaps if I was an every day "power" user of Alibre I wouldn't even use the icons, living on the command...
  2. T

Can't copy and paste text.

I have created a front panel in V24 with a fair amount of text. I want to move some of it around, which I can do by dragging with the mouse. Good so far. However, I want to copy and paste some of it and that does not work. Every way I try to select the text line does not result in any text...
  3. T

Adjusting Hidden Line parameters in a Drawing

Is there any way to change dash length and spacing in hidden lines on a drawing? I would like to be able to control those parameters as well as line width. If those capabilities exist , I can't find them. Even DesignCAD can do this, not that I have any desire to use DesignCAD for creating my 3D...
  4. T

Associative editing of part in assembly not working

I used to be able to transfer features (holes, mostly) from one part to another in an assembly, using Project to Sketch and extrude cut. After a Save As, they would show up in the effected parts new file which would then be used in subsequent fabrication processes. No more. I have unproductively...
  5. T

Part Features created by Project to Sketch in Assembly

In my Assembly, I used Project to Sketch, and Extrude Cut, to place bolt holes in a part which line up with holes which were drawn into a different part. Minor issue: I now have red "holes" in my assembly 3D. I wish to eliminate, or at least hide, those "holes". Major issue: The holes created...
  6. T

Atom3d & Alibre 2018 native file interchangability?

I go back a long way with Alibre (ver8), including keeping my support alive during (enduring) the Geomagic years..... This year, I re-upped with 2018, including CAM(4axis), Motion & FEA add ons. While I expect to use this with my vertical mill, which is being upgraded to 4 axis, I also have a...
  7. T

Foating License?

Prior to renewing my support contract, the dialog with Alibre sales included the topic of the soon to be released 2018 version having the ability to use a floating license. In my mind this should work like the license for Alibre CAM: The license would be automatically acquired when I start...
  8. T

Alibre CAMs text engraving funtion is poor.

This is a warning to prospective Alibre CAM license purchasers. There is a lot to like about Alibre CAM. BUT, if you expect it to be as elegant in producing engraved text as many other much less costly programs that offer text engraving as a central feature, you will be disappointed. First and...
  9. T

No Feature-Patterns in 3 or 4 axis CAM?

I keep running into Expert Level AlibreCAMs lack of support for Features created using "Feature Pattern ". It's very annoying, as it means I have to go back and copy those features to as many locations as they need to be. Does this limitation only exist in the 2.5 axis ("free") version or does...
  10. T

Cutting 3/4-10 threadded rod Example in Help file has error

In the Help file example (Alibre 11.1) for using Hellical cut to create a 3/4"-10 UNC threaded rod, the value used for Minor Diameter is incorrect. The Minor Diameter used to derive H was for internal threads, rather than external threads. Minor Diameter/2 for the Example should be .315, not...
  11. T

3D (not 2D) DXF import/export to/from Alibre'?

3D (not 2D) DXF import/export to/from Alibre'? I use acoustic engineering software (Ease) with which I create 3D models of spaces and objects. It uses a proprietay format for it's data files, but has DXF import and export. The DXF files are definitely 3D. I would like to use...