What's new

Search results

1. M

Lost ability

Found that I had to set the Circular Dimensions to Smart to get it to work correctly.
  2. M

Lost ability

As a matter of fact, it will not display diameters on any circular detail, only radii.
  3. M

Lost ability

Design Expert V24
  4. M

Lost ability

Back in the day I discovered that you could generate either diameter or radius on a circle by holding down the shift key to get the opposite value from the one automatically generated. That seems to have been lost with the latest upgrade. Too bad because it slows down the dimensioning process.
  5. M

Latest spurious line problem

And the report was made and the files sent before I posted here.
  6. M

Latest spurious line problem

All of a sudden, these extra lines appear and extend WAY off the page. The only way to get rid of them is to close and then reopen the drawings. But they do come back when a change is made to the page. Any ideas?
  7. M

2D drawing error

If you mean SolidWorks, then no. It is resident on your machine along with the files. You must be thinking of the other guys
  8. M

2D drawing error

They offer the deal to any U.S. or Canadian military veteran. You get absolutely everything they have as far as I know. It is just for personal use and it puts a title on every 2D drawing stating it is the Student Edition. It has to be renewed every year for another $20. It is always the most...
  9. M

2D drawing error

Testing is the most efficient way to get a product to market. Having been in the position of releasing a fax board for the PC and when it got out there, it essentially did not work. We had to bring all the inventory back and fix the problem. Since support is frequently the most expensive part of...
  10. M

2D drawing error

I was just told that the errors on the side view are from turning on Cosmetic Threads. Certainly I can erase them and clicking on insert cosmetic threads does indeed generate them. Not only did I not click on insert cosmetic threads, if I did so, it is still a bug. I worked in Silicon Valley...
  11. M

2D drawing error

Here is the latest report I received from Support: "I did verify with QA that currently centerlines, as well as cosmetic threads, will show for all holes regardless of the view. So, if you only want the centers and threads of the holes showing in the view, you will need to apply them to the...
  12. M

2D drawing error

I was told that the hidden holes are being displayed as dashed lines and that turning off that layer will remove them. And it did. However it did not solve the unwanted center lines or the solid lines on the side view. They are still investigating that. I am speaking of the drawing as part of...
  13. M

2D drawing error

Actually, the model and drawing made in V23 has errors when centers are inserted. The centers on the hidden holes are displayed. I think they should only be displayed when hidden lines are invoked.
  14. M

2D drawing error

No cosmetic threads. Created with the hole tool. The hidden lines should not be there either. You can see the solid model is clean. Here is the same part but on a single sheet drawing.
  15. M

2D drawing error

I have a 30 sheet 2D drawing from a previous model engine design in 2018. I'm developing a new engine using many of the internal parts and I don't want to recreate 30 pages. So I deleted the irrelevant sheets and started inserting the new components. The cylinder for this engine will lay out...
  16. M

Moving a drawing page from one set of drawings to another

I fugured that was probably the only way. I wish Alibre would upgrade their 2D side.
  17. M

Moving a drawing page from one set of drawings to another

I have a full drawing set of a model engine. Now I am making a derivative design using many of the same parts that have already been detailed in 2D. Is there any way to move a page from one set to another?
  18. M

Sloooooowwww program

This morning, starting from a fresh computer start, with all housekeeping activity completed, I started Geomagic Design. Here is the timing: 3 min, 10 seconds, Flash screen is only item on screen then Start screen appears but outline is mainly empty. 3 minute more and Start screen is complete...
  19. M

Transparency key

It is tedious and slow to have to choose Color Properties every time I want to view the interior of a part. Is there a keyboard shortcut to, as long as the key is held down, turn the part 50% transparent?
  20. M

LOST CROSSHATCHING

Hmm. Seems only to happen on parts that I'd layed out before the upgrade but not performed a cross-section on them. Reinserting them on the drawing page and then creating a cross-section results in OK crosshatching.