What's new

Search results

1. Maavhamt

Thread File Editor for Alibre Design by albie0803 (Allan)

Hi Albie, Thanks for writing the thread editor but being new to this I need some numpty level help. I have downloaded it and it appears in the "Add-On" tab. When I click on it I get this: When I click on "Documentation" It says "File not found". I need step by step instructions on how to use...
  2. Maavhamt

Text Figures

OK thanks guys!
  3. Maavhamt

Text Figures

I'm trying to put text on a surface on a 3d model. The help section says, "Select the Sketch Text tool from the Sketch Figures group in the 2D Sketching tab." However however hard I look I can't find the Sketch Text tool: Any ideas how I add text without the Sketch Text tool?
  4. Maavhamt

Change colour of an imported file

"Feature Color of the imported STEP files was overriding Part Color - easy to fix once that was spotted." yes thanks that was the problem. I'm still working on KeyShot.
  5. Maavhamt

Change colour of an imported file

Imported STEP files are not chameleons, they don't change colour. I have an imported step file of a case that was originally yellow but coloured it green. Now I have to put the lid on it and I cannot for anything remember how I changed the colour of the case. So now I a green case with a yellow...
  6. Maavhamt

Too many part trails

I am doing an exploded view drawing. One of the component is a sub assembly (part 8 below) but the box is ticked for "Treat as a part". However in the exploded view there are numerous part trails coming from this one part so it looks like a character in a 1970's comic running away "Whoosh..."...
  7. Maavhamt

Sub assemblies in exploded view

Another question, is there a way of selecting which parts have part trails? I can only find a way of having part trails for all of them or none but I want to select which parts have trails. Also can one call out balloon have more than one arrow, e.g. if you have several identical parts, you...
  8. Maavhamt

Hi guys yes, thanks, I've that works too.
  9. Maavhamt

Is there a way to prevent sub assemblies being exploded in exploded view? I have an assembly made up of sub assembles. I have already done the sub assembly exploded view diagrams and now want to assemble them into an overall assembly. But when I try to do that the sub assemblies "explode" as...
  10. Maavhamt

File Revisions in Sheet Metal

OK guys thanks for the advice.
  11. Maavhamt

File Revisions in Sheet Metal

Hi, I have a sheet metal object made from a 3D part, basically a 3D trapezoid. I want to revise the 3D part, which will change the sheet metal part, but also keep the current version of the sheet metal object in case the revision doesn't work. I can save a copy of the 3D object as it is now...
  12. Maavhamt

Cross hatch problem

Ah, OK thanks for the advice guys.
  13. Maavhamt

Cross hatch problem

Hi, I've created a cross section view of a stainless steel part. I have selected the material for the part as stainless steel and checked the cross hatch pattern is OK. However in the drawing the cross hatching does not appear and clicking on "Hatch" in the drawing Annotations bar doesn't seem...
  14. Maavhamt

Deleting Points?

Good idea I'll try that.
  15. Maavhamt

Deleting Points?

Yes I deleted the constraints and went through the constraints list to check there were none relating to those points. There are no constraints in error.
  16. Maavhamt

Deleting Points?

That's what I don't understand, I have deleted the objects they relate to. How do I find what they do relate to? I have been through all the constraints and can't find anything.
  17. Maavhamt

Deleting Points?

Hi, I have a complex model with about 100 components. I had put 2 points in the model, one was to help constrain an object I have since deleted and I can't remember where the other one comes from. Now I want to delete them but can't, there is no option to delete in the drop down menu. They are...
  18. Maavhamt

Hole size problem

OK thanks guys.
  19. Maavhamt

Hole size problem

Sorry, what is the facet resolution? is that something a user can change? Strangely I've found changing the hole pattern also solves it.
  20. Maavhamt

Hole size problem

I am working on a simple perforated disc. I want the holes to be 3mm diameter but if the holes are bigger than 2.96mm the disc stops behaving like a solid. Hole size 2.96 mm Hole size 2.97 mm Any ideas how to have 3mm diameter holes?