What's new

Search results

1. Stuart

Scripting sketch dimensions with named parameters

I'm making a part with many configurations. For each configuration a parameter value will be changed. In the script, I've created the part, the parameter that will change with each configuration, and a feature. In the feature there is a sketch with a circle. I want the dimension of the...
  2. Stuart

Should Alibre Equation Editor have Min() and Max() functions?

Referring to https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/can-we-please-get-min-and-max-functions.24626/, would you like the Equation Editor to have Min(X,Y) and Max(X,Y) functions?
  3. Stuart

Can we please get Min and Max functions

In this part, a PCB module goes in the large opening and wires go in the narrow slots. The depth of the openings, and therefore the thickness of the whole part, needs to be the greater of the cable and PCB. Because we still don't have MIn and Max functions, I ended up with a bad part because I...
  4. Stuart

Using special sketch figures?

When you project to sketch, a sketch that contains special sketch figures like obround a rounded rectangle, it won't let you use maintain association. Why? What keeps those from being able to follow the source? The projection itself works fine. Also, you can't copy / paste them either, even...
  5. Stuart

Perpendicular / Corner Loft

How do I get this loft to be tangent to each perpendicular face? I want it to be smooth like a fillet on an edge. I've selected tangent on the curved end. If I select tangent on the rectangular end, I can't find any magnitude or angle that will make it smooth.
  6. Stuart

Boolean Subtract and Woodworking

I'm trying to find the best workflow for woodworking projects that involve several stages of gluing, cutting/trimming. I design the raw pieces and "glue" them together in an assembly I create the cut/trimmed shape of the glue assembly I create a boolean of the glued assembly (blank) and the...
  7. Stuart

ChamferDDOperation: Operation(s) selected can not be patterned alone.

I'm trying to do a circular pattern of a chamfer. If I add all the edges to the chamfer operation it works, but when I try to pattern a single chamfer I get the error com.alibre.design.ops.ChamferDDOperation: Operation(s) selected can not be patterned alone. What is this error trying to tell...
  8. Stuart

How to create a 3D arc with different radius on 2 planes

I haven't used 3D sketches much so I apologize if I'm missing the obvious. I need an arc that has radius A on plane XY and radius B on plane YZ. I tried a spline, but I don't know how to get the shape to match the arcs on 2 planes. Thanks, -Stuart
  9. Stuart

How to break coincident constraint with origin

I added a coincident constraint between a line and the origin. Now I want to break the constraint. I've tried every combination of control-click-drag I can think of but nothing works. I've removed other constraints so that the line can be moved, although staying in line with the origin...
  10. Stuart

Removing points on a spline

How do you remove points in the middle of a spline? If I create it with reference points I can't find a way to delete the reference points. If I create it with interpolation or control points I can't find a way to delete the control points or curve points. -Stuart
  11. Stuart

2D Loft Problems

Hello, I haven't used loft before, so I decided to try a simple loft with a 2D guide. I ran into 2 problems. The loft is not symmetrical like the examples in the videos. They look very similar, although the examples have a 3D guide. How do I get it to make the loft symmetrical? When I edit...
  12. Stuart

How to use new Mechanical Constraints

I've looked at the videos for the new V21 mechanical constraints, but unlike the video for the standard constraints, they only show the result of applying the constraint. They don't show what geometry to constrain. In the screw shown below, what geometry do I pick for the constraint? I've...
  13. Stuart

Order of Planes and Axes with Features in Explorer Tree

I'm trying to understand the proper way to use a plane in a 3D boss, or if what I'm doing only works accidentally and I should be doing it differently. Here's the scenario. Create a 3D sketch for a path. Create a plane at the end of the path Create a 2D sketch on the new plane of the shape to...
  14. Stuart

Spiral (Circular with a Step) Pattern

Is it possible to do something like this picture in Alibre (without script)? Essentially a circular pattern with a step along the rotation axis. Or repeat over a path along the face? I'm at a loss as to how to go about it.
  15. Stuart

Drawing workspace reference lines for dimensions

I'm trying to add an angular dimension in a drawing for a cut. I can't find a way to add an angle that is perpendicular or 90-X degrees from the remaining surface. When cutting the material, it would be much more useful to have the angle to cut off rather than the remaining angle after the...