What's new

Search results

1. C

EXploded view in design with top-down

Hi, I have done the exercises of the chapter 12 of the new book of Alibre. Should I be able to expode the design in top-down way. After doing the first model at page 639, I tried to explode it in auto mode, but nothing happens. Note: the book is really good, I leaned lot of stuff with it. ClaudeG
  2. C

Funny error message

Hi, I am including the design file of a part named Armoir A - Traverse.AD_PRT. If you open it, and invoke the Parameter (f); then change the dimention of the parameter called LargPorte and clic OK in the construction tree, Extrusion<3> and Mirror<4> will be in red showing an error. Then you open...
  3. C

Documentation in .pdf

Hi, few weeks ago, we voted on availlability of the help file in pdf format. Il has been mention it was easy to generate by Alibre team. Will it be availlable for Alibre V25? Claude Girard
  4. C

using openOffice spredsheet

Hi, can I use the spreadsheet of open office instead of Microsoft spreadsheet to drive parameters?
  5. C

How to rotate an assembly

Hi, I am including an assembly. I am trying to make the actual face becoming the back. So I click on move with precision, than I select all commponents, selct Y axix, and ask 180° rotaion, I obtained a translation! Can somedy help? I am using V24.
  6. C

Top assembly error.

Hi, I requiree help, I dont see what I am doing wrong. Explode the included package, open "Comptoir - ensemble.AD_ASM" add component "Comptoir C - Sous-ensemble.AD_ASM" and now, you will see the last loaded sub-assembly has parts from previous assembly. To build the different components, I copy...
  7. C

How to dimension all round shapes?

Can somebody help. The table has a Lamé curve shape; I am not able to attach arrows to quote it!
  8. C

Script depot

Hi, where are located the offered scripts? ClaudeG
  9. C

Substractive scan

Need help for substarative scan. I do not understand the meaning of the error message. I am trying to make a substractive scan of the esquisse 7 following esquisse 8.
  10. C

Locked by an other user

Hi, how can I unlock a part when I receive a banner telling the part is locked by an other user. I am the only user of Alibre.
  11. C

How to unfold a part?

Hi, I am including the drawing of a chair. 2 questions: 1- how do I unfold the part named dossier. 2- That part has 2 axis AXE 5 and AXE 6,; how do I project those axis on the part names patte arriere.
  12. C

How to force a coincident constrain

Hi, can somebody help me. How can I force a coincident constrain with the rear leg (Patte arriere) and back rest (Dossier).
  13. C

Lock by an other user - resolved with reboot

Hi, after upgrading to V23, when I try to open the previously editted file, I received the message that the file is locked by an other user. How do I unlock it.
  14. C

Tenon and mortice

Hi, into an assembly, I have 2 parts mating with tenon and mortice; I made the draw the part with its tenon; can in the assembly substract that tenon from the other part to produce the mortice into the mating part ? Or what is the best method to import the position of the tenon to produce the...
  15. C

Fastening a rail

Hi, I am still new at Alibre. I am trying to attach s rail to an aluminium extrusion using a T-nut and a 5mm screw. In the attached example, did I use the easyest methot. I will take lot of time to place a fastener at every 2 holes. I own Alibre Pro.
  16. C

In sketcher how to convert a line into a construction line.

I draw in sketcher a profile I will use to build few parts. I am using it as a reference design. There is line I would like to convert in construction lines. I checked in the help, but there is no search tool for it. Thanks in advance.
  17. C

How to constrain a wheel on rail

Hi, how to constrain the wheel on its rail in the following attachement?
  18. C

Cannol configure thread file

Hi, I am using Alibre Design pro V22. In General system option, I am trying to configure the AlibreThreads.Xlsx file. I do not see the file in the configurator, but I am able to see the file in Windows File explorer. Thanks for the help.
  19. C

Sweep along a u shape line

Hi, I am trying to make a sweep. my first sketch i a u shape line on plan ZX; when close sketch it tells me the figure is open. My second sketch is the surface to be swept and is closed without error. When resquest sweep I get the following werror message: ACISERROR_INVALID_BODY_RESULT...
  20. C

Modifying extrusion lengh of a step file

Hi, I am using Alibre 3DAtom. A manufacturer aluminium extrusion supplied me a step file of the profile having 2 m in lengh. How using my Alibre version can I cut the model to other lengh? Thank! ClaudeG