What's new

Search results

1. T

When using part generator, how do you use a drop down menu instead of entering each value?

So with the part generator I've manage to make my threaded nut and bolt generator. I'm at the tinker stage with my 3d printer and I'm having a blast making printed threaded parts. Right now on my part generator to work I have to enter the major & minor diameter, length of part, length of helix...
  2. T

Importing library

Good afternoon all. Hope I'm not bothering with so many questions. I promise this isn't about threads again, I think I have that down pat now that I understand the math behind it. I'm looking into the library section and I'm wondering if there's a alibre library. So far I've been downloading...
  3. T

Am I building threads right? Also do you have a link to thread info that you use?

So im wanting to make correct threads. My example is 5/16-18 threads. what ive been doing I found information on inner and outer thread diameter for the bolt. I set the outer circle to 0.3113". my inner dia is 0.2454". for a small reference i do (0.3113-0.2452)/2=0.03305" This tells me how deep...
  4. T

Any advice on my nut & bolt? (not important, just practice)

Good morning all. Turns out there's a massive wait on on my next cad class. The first two classes focused on 2d and constraints, the third is when we were going to get into 3d design and the waiting list is 3 semesters out. I've been tinkering here and there with designs I can 3d print but now...
  5. T

Turning a part into a negative to remove material from another part

I don't know if this is possible or not. I want to turn one part into a negative so when i put two parts together it'll cut one from another. My most recent example is I have a lag screw and I'm making a coupler to attach a wooden dowel. I made the coupler with the extrude cut for the dowel. I...
  6. T

Looking for advice on creating this manifold

I tried sweeping but one opening is larger than the other and the sweep wont cover that. I can create one part fine using angled planes and lofts without minimize curves. I need to put two of them together. I cant loft two different parts to the same end point like I can with sweep. I tried...
  7. T

I need help figuring out either a sweep/loft for a homework project.

Hello. We've on a mid semester project for extra credit so if I can't figure this out then it's not the end of the world. I have to create a 3d object. Up to now I've only made 2d sketches in class with a lot of focus on constraints and dimensions so a lot of this is new. The object I'm trying...
  8. T

I need a hand doing circular pattern with fillets

I'm making a 16t gear. I have a fillet on each side on top of the gear. I can pattern the extrude cut around the Z. If I try to pattern the extrude and fillet at the same time I get an error, "Target no longer available:com.alibre.design.ops.OperationTargetProxy topologyAutographOrGuid =...
  9. T

Creating additional parts while using another part as a referance?

Hello. I'm about to start my first CAD course and I get to use Alibre from the start so I won't have to learn in another program. I know I'm jumping the gun here but I'm spending a lot of time tinkering and learning the software before class starts next week. One thing I cant figure out. I'm...