What's new

Search results

1. R

Atom3D: best way to export some line graphics for importing into my laser?

So I have a cribbage board designed in Atom3D. It milled just perfectly on my 3-n-1 Snapmaker A350's CNC. The last thing I want to do is laser etch some simple line graphics on to the board. I probably went about it the wrong way when I simply activated Sketch mode and drew a bunch of lines...
  2. R

MeshCAM Pro - what file format should I use to generate g-code for Snapmaker A350?

I just started using MeshCAM Pro after purchasing it a year ago. Trying to figure out while file format to choose after clicking on [Show Toolpaths]->[Save Current Setup] to generate the machine g-code for my Snapmaker A350 3-in1 machine. Below is a screenshot of the list of file types...
  3. R

How to change Z of bottom most object to be the new zero?

Newbie designing a cribbage board and started with just the extruded B area. As a last minute change, I added a rectangle - extruding it downward from bottom of the B. Since bottom of B is the current Z0, the extruded rectangle is now in negative Z space. How can I redefine Z0 to be the...
  4. R

Atom3D: any way to combine edges so I can do a linear pattern off it?

Newbie looking to create a monogram cribbage board for xmas gifts that I'll make with the CNC of my Snapmaker A350 machine. In Atom3D, I used the Text Sketch tool to add my monogram letter - in this case a B. Then created a sketch with 3 holes to be the starting set of holes for the cribbage...
  5. R

Atom3D: how to use digitizing tablet to trace a shape?

I have an inexpensive digitizing tablet (forget brand at moment) and would like to use it to trace the outline of a part into a 2D sketch in Atom3D. Any suggestions as to easiest way to do this? If Atom3D doesn’t directly support drawing tablets, I imagine one could use some sort of drawing...
  6. R

Extrude Cut: what is the Offset field for?

Newbie using Atom3D: trying to figure out what the Offset value is for on an Extrude Cut operation. The docs oddly fail to mention what the Offset does... I was hoping Offset would allow me to specify a starting point for my cut that is offset by a specified value (rather than starting at the...
  7. R

Circular Pattern: editing of master feature does not update/change copied figures

I'm pretty new to Atom3D. Just wondering - when in Sketch mode and you use Circular Pattern tool to create any number of copies of a master figure - if you later edit that master figure, the copied figures do not adjust/change to reflect whatever change you just made to the master figure. e..g...
  8. R

Atom3D: Easiest way to move a rectangle figure?

Hi - Newbie here :) I'm getting somewhat comfortable with drawing in Atom3D, but one thing that I haven't figured out is how to move certain figures. e.g. I draw a rectangle figure, then use Dimension tool to size it. Now I want to move it slightly - or - I've just done a Copy/Paste and want...
  9. R

How to view a hidden dimension?

Using Atom3D, I have a rectangle (rect1) figure within another rectangle (rect2). Initially I wanted the bottom of rect1 to be at same Y value as bottom of rect2, so I added a dimension of 0 between the 2 bottom lines. It moved rect2 so that it's bottom line was exactly at same Y coordinate as...
  10. R

Opening a .STEP file: no progress indicator, just a spinning icon. Consider adding a progress bar...

I am very new to Atom3D, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I used FreeCAD to convert a .STL file to a .STEP, with hopes of being able to open it in Atom3D. I was able to get FreeCAD to convert the .STL to a mesh, then solidify mesh object and finally export as a .STEP. In Atom3D, I started...
  11. R

Extrude boss: how to extrude it at an angle other than 90 deg to face?

Hi, Brand new to Atom3D and trying to figure out how to extrude a simple boss, but at an angle other than 90 deg to face (aka "normal")? I do see on the Extrude Boss properties that I can uncheck "Along Normal" - but then I have to select a user-defined axis or plane or ? I tried creating a...
  12. R

Newbie: How to create a simple tapered cylinder?

Hi, I'm trying to create a simple tapered cylinder/tube. e.g. it's 3" long and tapers from 2" diameter at one end to 1" diameter on other end. In Blender, it had a tool to add a cone, where you specify starting diameter, ending diameter and length... Using Atom3D, I was thinking I could start...