What's new

Search results

1. E

Offset Function in Sketch Mode

Imagine I sketch a feature as reference geometry and I fully constrain it. Now, say that geometry represented the shape of something entering the part. In the part I wish to make the cut out shape which it enters just a smidge larger. The obvious tool is the offset command. However, when you...
  2. E

Hatching Issue?

I have this sketch (meant to be a diagram), When I hatch the blue area, this is error is occurring. I thought it might be because the area was small, but when I scale it its doesn't adjust. Alibre Atom 3D - V24
  3. E

Removing Constraints in 2D Drawing

In this drawing the soccer field is unable to be moved vertically. If I go to move and select the field and try to place it somewhere else on the page, I get the following error. I've found that simply selecting all the field and clicking and dragging indicates that there is indeed a...
  4. E

Layer Transparency in 2D drawings

Does it exist? I would like to set the opacity/transparency of a layer in the 2d drawing (a manually sketched draft), but can't seem to find a setting.
  5. E

Hatch in Drawing Causing Alibre to Freeze?

So I've made a grass hatch, and I set the scale to be 0.01 ( appears to be the minimum allowed value). Now, on my computer( Core I7 processor, with Nvidia graphics card) the program locks up. It seems like the processor can't handle the rendering of that fine of a hatch. To confound this...
  6. E

Sweep Error - Atom 3D

I'm trying to sweep a rod within a tube using the sweep path of the tube for the path of the rod. Firstly I have created 3D sweep path ( using 2D sketches ). I sweep the tube in "Sweep 6" using Sketch1 and Sketch 2 as the path. Works fine. Next I go back and sketch in the rod "sketch 4" and...
  7. E

Inserted Planes and Their Referencing

Something seemingly very basic here that I must be messing up. I've inserted some planes, and they are unable to be selected as references in a sketch. I'm sketching on a flat face, the "edges" of the planes are perfectly visible. I wish to constrain a circles center, to the intersection of...
  8. E

Possible Bug With Assembly Constraints?

OR Possible Misuse? I have a few issues I'm seeing with constraining parts in an assembly using the part "reference geometry" in order of importance IMHO. 1) If I constrain parts using their internal reference geometry ( as opposed to using actual part geometry ) when I close and reopen the...
  9. E

Find where parameter is used in model

Perhaps this is just acting spoiled , but in the equation editor is there a way to show which feature a parameter is utilized in? If I remember correctly, in Creo the dimensions in a sketch or feature change to the named parameter upon entering the relationship dialog( equation editor in alibre...