What's new

Search results

1. J

Festive Greetings 2016

Hey everyone! Been a while since I've stopped through... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, to those that celebrate it. Otherwise, "Live Long and Prosper" should still cover the sentiment! :D
  2. J

Screw Selector-- The Return...

Hi guys! Been a long, long while since I've been able to get back to any of this. With the advent of WizoScript, things have gotten a lot easier from a coding perspective. And now, after a free afternoon, I submit to you the first draft of the new Screw Selector... Right now only SHCS (Metric...
  3. J

Springs in assemblies

While the helix is great for making springs, sometimes you'd like to see one compress or extend whilst constrained within the assembly. Since I just had to do one in SolidWorks, I though I'd do one up in GM and share it here. I'll do up a tutorial when time allows, but don't expect it to be too...
  4. J

Keyoard, mouse, and joystick in one...

I came across this on Kickstarter yesterday. I don't beleive I'm coordinated enough to use it, but some of you younger fellas might... King's Assembly
  5. J

bigseb 2000th post

Congrats to Sebastian for hitting the 2000 post mark!
  6. J

Just popping in...

Hi guys! Feels like forever since I've stopped by, but wanted to pop in and wish everyone many blessings for 2014! I'm still doing the same stuff as I was doing before, at the same places. With my same flair for quintessential eloquence... :mrgreen: Great to see the usual faces, along with...
  7. J

Why NASA is funding a 3D pizza printer

Hi guys! Yep! It's been a while since I've been here, but I said I'd check in every once in a while-- so here's a once... :lol: I came across this article today and thought of you guys... http://news.yahoo.com/why-nasa-funding-3d-pizza-printer-133700233.html...
  8. J

Farewell...

Well, it's been a good run. Unfortunately, my time has been spent in other directions and I, sadly, am having to put my resources elsewhere. :cry: On the bright side, though, it's great to see a whole bunch of new (comparatively speaking) faces around here on the forums. I know that things...
  9. J

Happy Holidays!

Hi guys, Sorry I haven't been around much. Been busy with work related activities. On the bright side, I have work related activities! :D Just wanted to pop in for a bit and wish everyone a blessed holiday season! Warm regards,
  10. J

Anyone else have issues? Seems like some of my files aren't sticking. EDIT: rephrase that-- some of my newer files aren't sticking, while older files (a year old or so) seem to be okay.
  11. J

New breed of spammer?

12. J

[Moved] Vault data transfer problem with 2 assy.'s

This topic has been merged into the similar topic in the Using Alibre Vault forum You can go to it here. Kind regards,
  13. J

OT: Fun with Radial Engine

I saw this picture and immediately thought of Clint (cclark440)... :mrgreen:
  14. J

Button for Thinwall features... Now it's official!

After looking back over my past year's worth of posts, I see I've never made this an official Enhancement Request! :shock: Notice there is not an option for calling me "monkey-boy" on this poll, keeping me out of ridicule's way-- maybe. And while this is one that's near and dear to my heart...
  15. J

Sensor for solar tracker

Had an idea for a sensor to use in a 2-axis solar tracker, for guidance on solar panels or heaters. Ideally, when the tube is pointing at the sun, all four sensors (photocells) should have light falling on them, as the sun moves, a shadow should fall over one of the sensors, signalling the PLC...
  16. J

Robotic CNC

Anyone see one of these in action? I could see where there would be a cost savings over a standard CNC mill. I haven't seen much in the way of software or compatability thereof, but it does seem to open up some interesting avenues. Plus, it really pushed my "geek" button. :wink...
  17. J

WAAAY off topic: Requesting homework help from the U.K.

I don't normally start an off-topic post, but this is something that could combine my daughter's homework with a bit of family history. My eleven-year-old daughter's class have a "Nation Notebook" assignment. They drew names of countries out of a hat and create a report about it over the...
  18. J

Cam and follower in Motion.

Hi! For those of you who have seen this toipc for a cam and follower in the Xpress forum-- For fun, I tried to put the assembly I had made into Motion. You can get the assembly here. Now for my question/problem. I can set to cam to rotate, but the lever arm doesn't follow. My thought is...
  19. J

Re: Can't get constraints to work across sketches ???

Re: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6907&p=36617#p36617
  20. J

Useful Utilities

This thread is for useful utilities and 3rd-party apps... Some of these utilities are older and if the help files won't work for you, read Microsoft's explanation here and how to fix it.