What's new

Search results

1. C

Renew or Not?

I have used Alibre Design/GM Design since 2006 and have found it to be excellent for my general 3D modelling purposes. Unfortunately, the habit of Alibre/GM of introducing useful add-on programs, only to ditch them a few years later has finally forced me to reconsider for the future. I will...
  2. C

V17 changes worth maintenance fees?

If you have GM Elements, I would strongly recommend that you stay in-maintenance. I have just received a message from GM stating that a number of their packages are being retired. Included in these is GM Design Elements. Apparently, you will be upgraded to GM Design for free if you are...
  3. C

Mecway Finite Element Analysis / LISA

I have recently been contacted by Mecway Ltd, who have apparently taken on the task of developing LISA FET in the future. As a registered user of LISA 8.0, I was offered a trial of the beta program and a copy of the final product when it is ready. Mecway can open LISA files but cannot save to...
  4. C

anyway to export asm in a exploded view?

I suggest you that you investigate the capabilities of 3D pdf export. It seems that it will do exactly what you require. You can even explode and unexplode the assembly from within the 3D pdf. I have tried it a couple of times and it seems to work OK. It pays to read the manual first though...
  5. C

Simulate Price

I have obtained an indicative price for Simulate from our local UK seller. It is pitched at £1550 !! in the UK. At todays exchange rate of 1.51 pounds to the dollar, I'm guessing that it will be around $1550 in the US. (UK joke), A prerequisite is GD Expert with current maintenance plus...
  6. C

Weird Algor Designcheck Problem

I have not used Algor for a few months, but the last time I did it worked fine. Since that time, I have installed Autocad LT2007, in order to be compatible with M-Files on a clients server (Progecad unfortunately is not compatible). Now whenever I try to open the Algor Designcheck add-on from...
  7. C

2012 - Hide & Suppress

It may be just me, but I thought you could always hide features in a Part as well as Parts in an Assembly. Maybe I am suffering feature overload with the new release. Thanks for all the help anyway.
  8. C

2012 - Hide & Suppress

Thanks for the guidance. I now have Suppress working as before. I still have no Hide item on the Design Explorer right click menu though.
  9. C

2012 - Hide & Suppress

Is anyone else having problems with Hide & Suppress. The problem with Hide is that it is no longer there on the Right Click Menu. The problem with Suppress is that it simply deletes the item from the tree. The only way to get it back is with the back arrow. I will put in a Support Query if...
  10. C

FEM Designer BETA SIGNUP

Nobody seems to have answered the question, so here it is. Algor Designcheck was always a simplified sub-set of Algor FEM Pro. Algor was bought out by Autodesk some time ago and their FE program(s) have been intergrated into Autodesk Inventor Simulation Suite (mega-bucks). Autodesk have a trial...
  11. C

FEM

I recently downloaded the free Autodesk Simulation Express for my spare laptop. It installs fine and appeared as an add-on in Alibre v12.1, just like Designcheck. I could see no real difference between the two programs, except that Simulation Express has a licence that lasts for 12 months only ...
  12. C

Alibre Design 2011 Feature Brochure

I have just been looking at the latest features of Inventor 2011. One of the best things was the small in-context menu that appears when selecting an item, which only showed the commands relevent to that item. It is great that Alibre will have the same functionality. Lets hope that Alibre does...
  13. C

Available add-on applications

FEMdesigner I have discovered that there is an FE mesher and solver available as an add-on to Alibre Design called FEMdesigner http://www.femdesigner.com
  14. C

Algor licensing

When I first registered the program in 2006, Algor sent me an email with username and password. However, if you double-click the licence.dat file in the Algor program directory you should see your licence number, which starts with AE followed by a 5-digit number. The licence number is also your...
  15. C

Algor licensing

I have found that Algor stops working if you make any major changes to your PC, such as motherboard or hard disk upgrade. Apparently, during initial activation of the product, a snapshot is made of the PC hardware and stored by Algor in your Algor account. If you contact Algor, they will...
  16. C

Not Happy

Regarding Simlab. I would recommend that you try out the sample 3D pdf files on their website before thinking of buying. I tried one and it sent my graphics card into orbit (nvidia geforce 9600). Alibre 3D pdfs are much more stable in my opinion. Update: After a pretty rapid response from...
  17. C

AD Translate

I have recently translated a load of Catia V5 files for a project. The conversion seems to work OK, even for complex assemblies with 30 or more parts. If I make a 3D pdf of a single translated part, everthing is OK. If I try to make a 3D pdf of a translated assembly, then the operation fails...
  18. C

Aurora design sunderland

My current maintenance expires on 20th November. I would normally renew with Digitise. Can I renew maintenance directly with Alibre in the interim ?