What's new

Search results

1. T

Moving a imported sketch back near axis

Thanks all. David that solution looks like it will work. Tim
  2. T

Moving a imported sketch back near axis

Hello I inherited a file that was drawn on another package. The issue is either in the conversion of some other reason the sketch is way off the axis and that means moving around is real F!ng pain. How do I shift it back over? Thanks Tim
  3. T

Adding graphics to a curved surface

Thanks but as I said I solved it. I had to move the depth way up to 40 then it became fully visible. BTW I was not trying to apply it to buttons. It was to the surface of the case. I removed the elements with the button on it
  4. T

Ok, made improvements. You need to enter a depth outside the slider range Tim
  5. T

Hello Harold I gave up on Keyshot. It will not wrap to the curve. I cannot believe it would be this hard. I paid for the membrane to be added to the model but they did not get the layout right. So I said send me the files you used. I was done in Rhino, they sent the files but Alibre could not...
  6. T

Hello, I'm trying to add text and graphics to a curved surface. Its on a membrane of an enclosure. I managed to make the membrane and the buttons but not the text or graphics I could spend ages getting a plane at the right angle and draw on the plane, extrude then slice the top to get the...
  7. T

Importing a .bak file

Ok. Many thanks Learning every day
  8. T

Importing a .bak file

A .bak file is apparently a Autocad format I want to import this file https://grabcad.com/library/sick-connector-cable-straight-type-dol-1204-g02m-1 At least I think it is. The only other file is a DWG and thats not 3D
  9. T

Importing a .bak file

Hi all Is there a way to import a .bak into Alibre? Thanks Tim Box
  10. Threads

Threads

11. T

Any tips on making threads quickly.

Threads by TimB posted Nov 23, 2020 at 7:34 PMHi, I tried it out. It works. My alignment skills suck I must find a way to get the quick alignment to work. In the end I just do it by eye I will add that do it as the very last thing as it really works the PC taking a while to render it.
  12. T

Any tips on making threads quickly.

Hi all, After years of using Alibre for generating parts and sending the files of to be made I purchased a 3d FDM printer. One of the things that I found works is printing threads. However they are a pain. Before I would just say x thread here. But with 3d printing you actually need the shape...
  13. T

Altering the ground reference plane to the part or Vis versa

Hello and thanks in advance I have a part, its a LCD bezel that was based of dxf file. I copied its profiles and managed to build a part. Its not pretty in its construction but it is right in the end. I can export it to an stl file with no issues (cannot read it back in alibre but other...
  14. T

Moving a part sketch around, how to?

Hi Ok I found I can select all cut and use paste stamper. Is there any other systems? Thanks Tim
  15. T

Moving a part sketch around, how to?

Hello, I'm trying to model a bezel from an enclosure drawing. I kind of figured out how copy / paste the elements of drawing from the DXF file into a part drawing. The problem is when I paste it in its miles off the center of the new part. I know I can click and drag one line at a time around...
  16. T

How to boolean cut an intersecting part

Thanks for spotting that. The tee is made from compressing and extruding the copper so there are a lot of odd profiles internally. I'm going to cut it in half the as you said do a profile and rotation. Again thanks for your time and finding the issue. Cheers Tim
  17. T

Oooow Again sorry I learn something new every day. Never knew I could do that Tim
  18. T

Hi, Opps Sorry about that. Attached is a new asm and the originals. No converted files Tim
  19. T

Hello People Thanks for taking the time to look at my question I modeled a reducing tee, then a half tube and placed it in the location i want it to occupy in the end. The goal is to work out the shape of the half tube so it will fit inside the tee. But despite a few of trying to figure out...
  20. T

Correct method to generate a sheet part (question)

Hi Lew_Merrick I really appreciate the time you put in to this. Some more info As you can see from the photo this is the section I need to add to the drawing. The arrows indicate the welded edges. This is very similar to a product I sell 100's off. The sheet metal company did the original...