What's new

Search results

1. B

Off Topic: Video of what we design using Alibre

Thanks for all the help on bumping the view count on the video. Got about 60-70 views from this forum. There's only 2 days left in the contest and I probably need a few hundred more views to have a chance, so any help would be much appreciated! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fquyv1rBqH8#
  2. B

Some local company actually made a video like that. I'll see if I can find it.
  3. B

Yeah, that's one product you don't want to stand behind!
  4. B

Here is a video I made to promote our company for the US Chamber of Commerce Free Enterprise Video Competition. It shows the farm and construction equipment we build, most of which has been designed using Alibre. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fquyv1rBqH8
  5. B

Contour Base Flange Problems

It appears that the contour base flange sheetmetal feature does not work correctly if you use the Reverse Thickness option. If you do use it, if you save and then reopen the part and edit any feature the reverse thickness option will magically unselect itself in the base flange.
  6. B

Contour Base Flange Problems

Yes, we have been experiencing this problem too. Alibre needs to get this fixed ASAP!!! And next time please test the new features before releaseing them!
  7. B

Automatic Title Blocks

Can someone confirm that V11.1 fixed this? I went back to the WFS for other reasons.
  8. B

Automatic Title Blocks

Max, Thanks for your reply, but I specifically do not want to do that as it just creates additional house keeping steps. The reason I want to use the part file name as the part number is so that I don't, for example, have 50 parts called "bracket". It also saves me time and potential errors...
  9. B

Automatic Title Blocks

I'm very glad that Alibre is now (finally) able to automatically pull part property data into title blocks. However, I seem to have a little problem, which I'm sure is caused by a simple oversight on my part. I am using my part number for the file name (part name). When I pull the "part name"...
  10. B

Migration Problem

I keep getting the "'com.alibre.repository.RepositoryException' was thrown" error message when trying to migrate my repositories to the Vault. Support told me to use the conversion tool to convert my repositories to the WFS and then convert that to the Vault. They said my repository files are...
  11. B

Vault license

I got that error too when installing the Vault on our server. The first time Alibre hadn't synced my licenses properly. Once they got that corrected, I had to change the administrator (the server) to a floating license and then I could add both of my licensed users. Hope that makes sense.
  12. B

Version 11 Preview

Thanks Max. That's awesome!
  13. B

Version 11 Preview

I guess I would like to know how the vault will affect those of us working in a small office. Will that let me store the cad files on our company server and give access to all our users?
  14. B

Part Property Values and Title Blocks

Part Property Values and Title Blocks Maybe I've missed it, but is there any chance we will soon be able to use part property values in title blocks? That seems pretty basic to me, and I seem to remember asking for that when I first started using Alibre... -Bernard
  15. B

Anchoring parts Vs. Three constraints.

I used to constrain the first part to the assembly datums like in Proe, and then build up the other parts from there like you said. However, at an Alibre training session I went to, they suggested anchoring the first part to the origin (which is easy to do because you can insert the part right...
  16. B

Update assembly to reflect part changes.

Unfortunately this only works the way you want it to if you opened the parts from inside the assembly using the right click/edit part while holding down the shift key technique. Then, as Steve said, you have to go back to the main assembly to save. Cheers
  17. B

Alibre Server Problems

It works fine offline. However, if I am offline, my coworker can't work. Today, for example, everything was going fine until the server went down mid afternoon. After 45 minutes or so, everything was OK again. Support tells me that they are having issues with the server that they hope will...
  18. B

Alibre Server Problems

Alibre Server Problems So for the last month or so I have had an intern helping with CAD work. He has been sharing my repositories via the local repository sharing functionality. This has been a very frustrating experience. Some days everything works...
  19. B

need help with disappearing repositories

Muchas gracias. The problems started again so I showed your solution to support. They said that while they had not tried it themselves, your solution sounded fine. They wanted me to try it, but then things started working again so I haven’t done anything.
  20. B

need help with disappearing repositories

Seems to be working now... Strange.