What's new

Search results

1. bemfarmer

Rounded rectangular coil/spring script in MoI

Hi bigseb, This script was inspired by Harolds recent post. (MoI's "flat" sweep of rectangle works well.) Someday I'll do a website... ...did start a Weebly site a couple weeks ago, without content... too busy with work/family duties... The MoI scripts that I have done are on the MoI forum...
  2. bemfarmer

Rounded rectangular coil/spring script in MoI

_CoilRectangular is a simple MoI script which creates a multi-Turn helix-like, "rounded rectangle" coil curve, based upon a 2D rounded rectangle with continuous z offset. The curve can also be considered to be a spring coil. The coil turn is made up of line segments and quarter helices. The...
  3. bemfarmer

Can Alibre flatten this surface?

A sphere is not a developable surface.
  4. bemfarmer

How to create curved oval (like a Pringles chip)?

Wikipedia says that the shape of a pringle is that of a hyperbolic paraboloid. I seem to recall them to be "oval" rather than "round," but have none to measure:-) - Brian
  5. bemfarmer

How to create curved oval (like a Pringles chip)?

In MoI, the Enneper minimal surface, with maxRadius of 0.25, and a bit of 1d scaling, makes a good looking Pringle surface. - Brian
  6. bemfarmer

Cannot Import STL to become solid

The wing section consists of 11 "ribs", 37 "blocks", and 3 "labels" -cg, all of which are solids after MoI processing. Also the "skin", which includes the "tube", is a joined surface. The .stl was loaded into meshlab, and saved as an .obj. The .obj was imported into MoI, using max's importObj...
  7. bemfarmer

Forum Avatar

Finally managed to get the tetrus avatar located on my dropbox. (I'm very ignorant about dropbox) (First of all install dropbox, which was difficult for me, probably because it was previously installed. Then sign on at dropbox.com.) First a green tetrus jpg of the small size and small pixel...
  8. bemfarmer

Forum Avatar

Touche, I see my tetrus has already been replaced by a photobucket "solicitation." :-( I'll try dropbox again tonight. - Brian
  9. bemfarmer

Forum Avatar

Successfully linked to tetrus avatar with photobucket, after a brief struggle. The URL is a bit messy. Dropbox fails to load, just quits with no messages... Edit, dropbox decided to start working, but have not obtained a clean URL yet... - Brian EDIT: (IMHO, Do Not Use Photobucket, there can be...
  10. bemfarmer

Forum Avatar

Right click on someone's avatar and select properties to see their URL and file type. Photobucket, dropbox, or specific web sites are used. Still trying to (re)install dropbox. - Brian
  11. bemfarmer

Forum Avatar

So, I was able to enter Max's avatar URL (His site), and also TylerDurdens avatar URL (Dropbox), each of which worked. (Subsequently deleted both URL references.) Now to upload my tetrus.jpg to dropbox, and enter URL. (onedrive did not work, url too long. At least for the way I tried it...) -...
  12. bemfarmer

Forum Avatar

.jpg or .png, 80 X 80 pixels (max), 9kB (max?), are specified. - Brian or .gif No, it does not work, something must be broken?
  13. bemfarmer

SimWise Motion for Alibre

Yes, based upon one trial: The rolling coin .WM3 file opened and ran. - Brian
  14. bemfarmer

This is an email from Alan at DST, to myself, which clears up a few things. I see no harm in posting it. (I do not think that various license agreements guarantee that a product will work in perpetuity :-) Alan Wegienka <alan.wegienka@design-simulation.com> Reply |  Hi Brian, Glad to hear...
  15. bemfarmer

Dear Alibre, or Max, May be have a subforum for SimWise Motion for Alibre? Requested of "Alibre," <support@alibre.freshdesk.com> for "updated" Dynamics from DST, previous purchased, with current maintenance for Alibre. Thank you Max and Christina. DST supplied download of "SimWise Motion for...
  16. bemfarmer

Activation/License

Thank you DavidJ (I'm not sure I want Dynamics, or not, having not used it these last few years :-) - Brian Edit: The price of the DST products is way to much for my potential useage, so it is a no-go :-(
  17. bemfarmer

LOGO

An unofficial, higher resolution LOGO:
  18. bemfarmer

Activation/License

Downloaded new Alibre. Printed old email with License numbers. Deactivated 2 (or was it 3) licenses. Was told that all 3 were for some other computer. I had 3 uses of old Alibre, 2 seats GD, with only one showing maintenance paid up thru Dec 2017. (One screen showed 1 license, 2 seats, another...
  19. bemfarmer

Import from PDF

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8483.3 "And re: PDF - MoI only reads 2D vector lines and curves from PDF files, not 3D data. Also..." - Brian
  20. bemfarmer

Cannot Import STL to become solid

Meshlab can open the .stl and save as .obj. Sometimes the .obj can be opened by Alibre, with some small errors. The .obj can be imported to MoI with Max's _ImportObject script, and seems good, for Middle and Bottom. (Yet to do Top...) .3dm can be saved, a very large file, and the .3dm can be...