What's new

Recent content by DJA

1. DJA

3D connexion space mouse

There are only 2 buttons. I use the left button to bring up SPACE NAVIGATOR properties, and the right button for "fit" (zooms in)
  2. DJA

3D connexion space mouse

I use the WIRED version SPACE NAVIGATOR. I have no "Jerky" movement at all... smooth as glass. I am running an older version... 3d x Ware 10.7.0.3248. ..... 3d x WinCore 17.7.0.17687.... There is a newer version 10.8.11 available but I have not tried it... afraid might screw things up (if it...
  3. DJA

3D model views...

This may help https://www.usna.edu/Users/oceano/raylee/SM223/Ch12_1_Stewart(2016).pdf
  4. DJA

Third Angle Projection Symbol

Google "third angle drawing symbol"
  5. DJA

Tutorial: Creating a Twisted Flat Bar in Alibre Design

Thought I would give it a go... Helical Boss... it works
  6. DJA

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

1440 x 900 @ 100%
  7. DJA

Vote now - Design / Atom contest

Thanks for the clarification...
  8. DJA

Vote now - Design / Atom contest

There were two contests. One for 'Design' and the other for 'Atom3D'. Which one is this vote for?
  9. DJA

Plastic Mould Design

Congratulations on the success of you and your students. Now I better understand your goal. I do have several years of mold design with SolidWorks but surrendered my license when I retired. I have only just begun a couple months ago with Adom3D, so am a novice with the software myself but I do...
  10. DJA

Plastic Mould Design

I reviewed your parts. I presume you will be injection molding? Overall the parts do not look too complex. Boolean could be utilized, but will take a lot of work. I have done mold design with Autodesk Inventor in a similar manor, but was a lot of work. I then switched over to SolidWorks which...
  11. DJA

Atom3D Help

I had the same issue back in Nov 2020 when I joined Alibre. I sent email to 'support' and here is the reply from Alibre... ..........
  12. DJA

Model text in Alibre Atom

Atom3D: In sketch mode, you can add text, and extrude..
  13. DJA

Package or Zip

New to Alibre... Atom3D... I have a project (files) that I want to send out. I have part files, a few assembly files, a drawing file, some PDF files and some "jpg" files. All the files are for the same project, and all the files are in the same directory. This will be my first time sending...
  14. DJA

Atom3D Thread constraint.

Thanks... Best I can tell Atom3D does not have a screw constraint... Bummr... Guess I will have to fake it.
  15. DJA

Hardware Store - common tools and fixings

Not sure what to expect? This what I got! Where do I get the "Precise placement settings"