What's new

Recent content by sigseven

1. S

"Could not load file or assembly" with Alibre 2011

Alright, thanks for the info. It will be helpful in diagnosing the problem. I'll try to get a test computer to demonstrate the error, so that we can find the cause of the problem.
  2. S

The PhysicalProperties sample (available here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8186) will attempt to initialize Alibre in GUI-less mode if it is not already running. Could you please try using it to see if it gets the same problem? This will help us determine whether this is a general issue or something...
  3. S

vb.net or c# for Alibre .dll addon

I don't think it's possible with the current AddOn framework. Or at least, I haven't been able to get it to work after quite a lot of trying, at any rate. Since Alibre loads the AddOn using LoadLibrary and calling various exported methods, I think a C++ wrapper dll will be necessary...
  4. S

API Created holes in Drawing

Could you attach one of the parts you created that exhibits the problem?
  5. S

Did Chat support go down today?

Our internet was down, so even with the old support tools he would have disappeared on you. It was frustrating for us too. :)
  6. S

Alibre and Remote Desktop Connection

Ahh, yeah, the computer I used it with was running Vista.
  7. S

Alibre and Remote Desktop Connection

I have used Alibre over remote desktop connection successfully when working from home. I'm not sure what sort of voodoo was involved to get it working, but I can see the model rendered in the workspace and everything. As you might expect, the performance when rotating the view and such was...
  8. S

Rotate until esc pressed -not working

Yeah, pretty sure that does not mean continuous rotate. It looks like it's talking about the Rotate tool (found on the View toolbar or under the View menu), which lets you rotate with just left click, as opposed to the left+right click chording you can use to rotate while the select tool is active.
  9. S

How to "shrink" file size?

What value are you using for the Curve Smoothness setting in those files? If you go to File->Properties, it is in the Display tab with a field labeled "Minimal Circular Facets." The higher this value is, the smoother cylinders, circular edges and such will appear. However, this increase in...
  10. S

alibre memory usage

At this point, while you have closed all the designs and are waiting, start opening other programs and documents within them. Preferably the most memory intensive programs and the largest size files you have available, so that Windows actually needs the memory that Alibre is holding. What I...
  11. S

I installed AHK Classic and tried running that sample code. It got the mass successfully and didn't report any errors. Maybe there's a problem with your configuration? Possibly something gone wrong with the install? You might want to try doing an uninstall/reinstall of Alibre.
  12. S

Thanks, that lets me load the script. However, when I try to run it I now get this error message: This isn't normal is it? If I continue I get another one of these, and after that nothing happens. I never get the error you posted. Is there something else I should do?
  13. S

I installed AutoHotKey, and when I attempt to load the sample script you posted I get the following error: Is there something else I need to have in the script?
  14. S

Getting official help

The best thing to do for API support is to post in this forum. I read it every (work)day. If you ask the support team, they'll probably come to me with the question, so it's really best to skip the middleman and just post it here. Sending me PMs will not help. I'm very busy with developing...