What's new

Search results

1. nvanlaar

3D DWG out

Is there any way to do 3D dwg output? Sycode seems to be dead. No development since 3D Systems bought it... :? As always, Thank you in advance.
  2. nvanlaar

Sheet metal conversion?

Geomagic will not convert this part to sheetmetal without omitting one of the flanges. What am I missing? Part was imported as a step file. Thoughts? Help? Thank you, Nick
  3. nvanlaar

License held hostage!

How many here know that a subscription is required to transfer your license between computers? I didn't. Note by Alibre: This is not the policy. Please see end for comment. I was told (lied too?) by the Alibre rep when I purchased my license 2 years ago, that I could transfer whenever I wanted...
  4. nvanlaar

Liberal licensing... (eye roll)

From today's (7-11-2011) email regarding licensing: Really!? According to the letter Bob and Bob alone can use the seat... Most other companies don't care who uses the seat as long as only one person/one seat is being used at a time. And are you telling me a CAD manager cannot call in for...
  5. nvanlaar

Export separate faces?

How do I get Alibre to export separate faces to *.bip? See my original post (that got moved) here.
  6. nvanlaar

Moi>Alibre>Keyshot=separate faces?

Am I missing something in this month's newsletter tech tip? No matter what I try I have not been able to produce seperate faces in a *.bip file from Alibre. The only time I get seperate parts is when it is an assembly. I would love for this to work if someone can point me to the procedures.
  7. nvanlaar

3D sweep?

How do I get a profile to sweep along two 3D rails? Is what I want possible in Alibre? What I want to happen is the rectangle profile to sweep up to the upright and twist as it does in order to meet flush. Am I going about this the wrong way? Also: How do I enter measurements while...
  8. nvanlaar

Thread creator

Is there any way to create an add-on that works similar to this Inventor plugin? I would attach the source code, but that might be against EULA(?). Anyway, you can download it yourself here: Inventor Thread Plugin Thank you, Nick Van Laar
  9. nvanlaar

Bead across a sheetmetal part

I have a feeling the answer is "no," but I figure I'd get some expert advice. I modeled a music stand that actually has a dimple/bead from edge to edge but if course I could not figure out how, so I just went as close to each edge as I could. Is there any way to actually put it all the way...
  10. nvanlaar

Diagonal Bends

How would you do a pair of diagonal bends used to stiffen a piece of sheetmetal? They are only a few degrees. Anyone familar with sheetmetal work will know what I am talking about. Thanks for any help, Nick
  11. nvanlaar

Measure between planes?

How do I measure between these two planes (see screenshot)? I can measure between some other planes but not these two. Is this a bug? Thanks for any help, Nick
  12. nvanlaar

Why not side-by-side?

Why doesn't Alibre support a side-by-side install of 32bit and 64bit since not all of the plugins/tools work in the 64bit version?
  13. nvanlaar

Problems with faces in Assembly

I am having problems with faces disapearing when I insert a part into an assembly. It looks fine in part creation/edit, but as soon as it's in an assembly some of the faces turn transparent. Part was created from a moi3D file. It doesn't matter what format I export/import. See attached pics...