What's new

Search results

1. ftkalcevic

How do I make a sub assembly "un-flexible" ?

I have a sub-assembly that I made flexible. I moved it around to get some offsets correct, then applied them to the actual assembly. If I deactivate the "make flexible" option, the sub assembly is now just frozen in a strange state that doesn't look anything like it when open the sub-assembly...
  2. ftkalcevic

How do I delete the license?

I just tried to swap licenses from my laptop to my PC, but I entered the wrong activation code (I think it was a pre-release version). Now I get a message... Welcome! This version of the software was released after your yearly maintenance subscription expired. You do not currently have access...
  3. ftkalcevic

Invisible nodes/points [Resolved]

If I insert a node into sketch in the latest version, the nodes are inserted, but they are not visible - Advanced Selector shows they are there. I don't know if this is a bug in the latest version, or have I just turned node/point visibility off? Is there a setting somewhere?
  4. ftkalcevic

Referencing an edge

In the alibre Connector sample, (https://support.alibre.com/support/solutions/articles/27000047177-connector), in the second point in "Things to look at:", they say "bottom of the sketch was projected from the top edge of Extrude <1>". I rarely do this. I usually just draw a line, then make...
  5. ftkalcevic

Global Parameters

I can see the method on IADRoot, CreateEmptyGlobalParameters, which creates an IADGlobalParameterSession, but I can't see how I can tell a part or assembly to use these global parameters. Any ideas? Thanks, Frank
  6. ftkalcevic

OnSelectionChange event

There is an OnSelectionChange event on the IAlibreAddOnCommand interface (and others like OnKeyDown, OnClick, etc). What does this refer to, and how do I make it fire? I'm looking for an event to be notified when the current selection changes in an assembly session. Thank, Frank
  7. ftkalcevic

What can I do with the API?

I was looking at the MecSoft AlibreCAM videos with their tight integration. Is that possible with the COM API that's exposed by AD? Or do they have a different level of access. I've only used it so far to generate some parts and assemblies via an external application.
  8. ftkalcevic

How do I update?

I want to update my version 2015.1.1 to 2017. Do I need to transfer my license back to Alibre via my reseller, or do I just install the new version. This page, https://www.alibre.com/alibre-design-re ... july-2017/, seems to imply that I just use my existing license key. I just want to...
  9. ftkalcevic

Equation problems

I'm trying to implement the equation to approximate the perimeter of an ellipse. I'm basing it on "Approximation 3" here... https://www.mathsisfun.com/geometry/ell ... meter.html h = (a-b)^2 / (a+b)^2 p = pi(a+b)(1 + 3h/( 10 + sqrt(4-3h))) But I can't seem to make any progress because of the...
  10. ftkalcevic

Disappearing license

Since I've owned AD, I've had a copy running on my fast desktop pc and a copy on my laptop (to use in front of the TV). A couple of months ago, I upgraded my laptop and had to request a new license. All fine. A few weeks ago, I installed Windows 7 on my desktop pc and again had to request a...
  11. ftkalcevic

Recover unsaved files

When I get this dialog box, how do I select the file to recover?
  12. ftkalcevic

When alibre crashes...

When alibre crashes back to windows and pops up the "Alibre Design has encountered a problem..." and there is the option to "Send Error Report", is there any point sending the error report? I know this goes to Microsoft but doesn't it get back to Alibre?
  13. ftkalcevic

How do I create a thread on a a screw?

I'm not talking about a helical cut or sweep. I want something similar to a hole with a thread - something that displays as a cylinder, then will report the thread details when I create a drawing of it. Is there any way to do this?
  14. ftkalcevic

Alibre does roman numerals

If you create an equation called M, alibre will always insert the value of 1000 whenever you use it. I'm not a CAD designer. Is this a CAD standard? None of the other roman numerals work. I'm using v10.
  15. ftkalcevic

Building an Assembly

Has anyone successfully built an assembly using an API? I've written a program that creates boxes. It creates a new assembly, then creates new parts within the assembly. It does the sketches and extrusions to create the features of the parts. Then, to arrange the parts in the assembly, I use...
  16. ftkalcevic

Updating spreadsheet-driven parameters

Updating spreadsheet-driven parameters I am trying to use an Excel spreadsheet to define that parameters for an assembly. I have about 5 parts, using the same spreadsheet. Is there an easy way to update all parts when I change a parameter? At the moment, I have to...
  17. ftkalcevic

V10 - How do you use direct editing?

V10 - How do you use direct editing? My direct-editing icons are always disabled. Is this an Expert only feature, or is there something special I need to do to enable it?
  18. ftkalcevic

Iterating thru Assembly constraints return null participants

I've writtten a small routine to iterate through the constraints of an assembly. I print out some of the details - name, type, and participants.count, which will always be 2. However, sometime the participants propoerty is null. If I stop in the debugger after I detect the null, it is no...