What's new

Search results

1. C

Large Format Printers / Plotters

Large Format Printers / Plotters Hello all, We have a DesignJet 488CA (24" roll) inkjet plotter. It's getting a bit long in the tooth, and like every large inkjet I have ever used it is excruciatingly slow and eats cartridges like gumdrops ... we have also picked...
  2. C

Acrobat 3D

Acrobat 3D Seems like I'm always a little bit behind the times, but I just found out about Acrobat 3D. We use Acrobat a lot, so I decided to check it out a little bit. Here is the list of "supported" packages: 4DNAV CATIA Deep...
  3. C

Looking under the hood . . .

Looking under the hood . . . Perhaps this is a stupid question, but: When creating an assembly, does AD save separate copies of each part in the assembly (apart from the original model)? I was reviewing a raw recovered repository file listing today and noted...
  4. C

My AD v8 has a mind of its own!

My AD v8 has a mind of its own! Okay, so I am still assuming that this was user error, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how I did it . . . I am working on a relatively simple bracket, but two of the mating parts (subassemblies, actually) are currently...
  5. C

Copy and Paste on Drawings

Copy and Paste on Drawings Hi, Please give us the ability to copy and paste 2D objects (notes, especially) on a drawing, or from one drawing to another. I can store the text on the clipboard, then I still must recreate the note box and all of the...
  6. C

Copy & Paste on Drawings?

Copy & Paste on Drawings? Hi All, Am I missing something, or is it not possible to copy and paste items on drawings? Specifically, I sure would like to be able to make copies of notes from one part of a drawing to another, and from drawing to drawing, to save...
  7. C

Line Weights

Line Weights Hi All, I can't seem to figure out how to ask the assistant a question, so I will ask you :) Can someone please provide the exact definition of the "Weight" setting in the Layers dialog box? The User Guide and help screens...
  8. C

Multiple-group BoM's?

Multiple-group BoM's? Hi all, This may be a long shot, but I've been with several companies where this would be a useful feature, so I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask and see what you ("y'all" in the South, "y'uns" in the Pittsburgh area, "youz...
  9. C

updating of dimensions attached to nodes?

updating of dimensions attached to nodes? I must be doing something wrong . . . I created a part, then created a drawing and dimensioned it. Later, I went back and changed the part, and the new part is shown correctly in the drawing, but many of the dimensions were not...
  10. C

Text formatting in title block

Text formatting in title block Hi all, I'll bet that I get hammered from this one, but here goes: I am new to AD, and I have created a drawing using the standard ANSI D template -- I will create all new custom templates soon, but I had a couple of drawings...
  11. C

Layer Selection

Layer Selection Hi, When working on a drawing, one must enter 6 clicks to change the current layer: File --> Properties --> Layers --> (select layer) --> Apply --> Close Also, there is no visual indicator of which layer is currently selected...
  12. C

Selecting the current layer in a drawing

Selecting the current layer in a drawing Hi all, (I am awaiting approval of my yahoo groups registration, so if the answer to this question already resides there, then I apologize for the duplication here.) Is there a better way to select the current layer in a drawing...
  13. C

Shifted reference line?

Shifted reference line? Hi all, As with many such forums, it appears that most of the folks here are "lurkers" (compare "Views" to "Posts"), but the those who do post seem quite knowledgeable so I'll give this a shot nonetheless . . . I am evaluating...
  14. C

Evaluating Alibre . . .

Evaluating Alibre . . . Hi All, I've just accepted a position at a new company. We use MDT now and are planning to move to Inventor, but I saw the award that Alibre got from Desktop Engineering and decided to take a look because we could potentially move...