What's new

Search results

1. M

Helix extrusion for multiple thread

I am designing a double-start thread. So my sketch designs both sides of the axis and then I do a helical extrusion. Somehow the helical extrusion tool creates geometry below the start of my thread and one thread ends early at the end. PS: My Alibre version is 2018.0.1 [build 19033] because I'm...
  2. M

Reproducable crash

I have a reproducable crash with Alibre Design 2018 (build 19030) on Windows 10. Create new assembly import a mesh (tried with serveral meshes, even the most simple ones "work"), place in center add new part for the assembly Open sketch on XY-plane with a cut through the mesh visible in the...
  3. M

Coradial circles

It it a bug or is there a deeper meaning to me being unable to have two circles or curves being co-radial (having the same radius but not position) but allowing them to be equal (having the same radius but not position)? Shouldn't these two constrint-types behave the same for circles?
  4. M

FeatureRequest: Users can add 3D printing/CAM program to menu/toolbar

So many users use 3D printing nowadays, wouldn't it be great if users could add a combination of an export-format (usually STL) and a local program to the File-menu or to the toolbar to export the current model into a temp-file and call the given program with that file? That could speed up a...
  5. M

Bug: STP Selected after STL Export

Just one bug in the last Geomagic version (not switched to Alibre 2017.1 yet): After exporting to STL, the next time the file format selected by default for export is not STL but STP. Looks like a simple off-by-on error with 0-based vs. 1-based indexing.
  6. M

Feature Request: 3d connecxion Spacemouse Enterprise

Having support for the Spacemouse Enterprise with displaying context-sensitive functions in the display would be a really nice feature. I guess it would boost productivity.
  7. M

rotate around center of view

I couldn't find a similar topic with the search function, so here is my question: I use a Space mouse and when trying to view a small part, far away from the origin inside of a large assembly it's very frustrating that the center of rotation is the center of the assembly (or the origin...
  8. M

FeatureRequest: Usage on High DPI monitors

I switched to a new laptop and with that from 13" FullHD Macbook with VMWare to a 15" UltraHD Windows laptop with my Geomagic Studio 2015.1.1 . I find all clickable areas in sketches, the start screen and many dialoges to be way to small (about 1x1mm). I need to fiddle around for seconds to...
  9. M

Gears

Hello, what does everyone else here do to construct Gears? Industry standard involute or herringbone gears that mesh coplanar or with a 90° angle between their axis? I can't believe there is nothing at all to create these. They're used so often in mechanics. Marcus
  10. M

involute gears plugin

Did anyone write a plugin to create involute gears yet?
  11. M

connecting rotated copies of sketch-parts

I have a complex shape that is made up of 5 rotated, connected copies of the same open shape. (The encoder-disc of a Speed Dial -lock http://marcuswolschon.blogspot.com/2010 ... d-dial.htm) I can create 5 rotated copies of the curves while editing the sketch but: 1) Is it possible to have the...
  12. M

Alibre and 64bit

I can only find that "Alibre is compatible with 64bit Windows" but I only see 1 installer and 1 binary. Is it a 32bit-software that just also just on 64bit Windows like any other or can it use more then 4GB of Ram per process? (I´m deciding wether to buy a larger workstation before installing my...
  13. M

creating IADDesignSurface

Hello, can I create an IADDesignSurface somehow except my loading a file? This could enable me to at least use standard STL-geometries as reference to create parts that match.
  14. M

IADLoftFeature

Is IADLoftFeature supported in the v12.1 -API? In the V11 API documentation it is a placeholder for furture expansion.