What's new

Search results

1. R

Chamfering a hole on the side of a cylinder

I have a round cylinder, that has a cross drilled hole in it. When I chamfer that hole, it's an even chamfer all the way around, and if I used a 5 axis machine. I need to represent the fish eye chamfer, meaning the lower edges are barely broke, but the higher edges have a larger chamfer. IOW...
  2. R

Alibre V23 Drawing Dimensions

I don't typically put dimensions on the 3d iso view but I did today. I noticed that Alibre is scaling the dimension when it shouldn't. Those Dimensions should be 1.499". Has anyone else noticed this?
  3. R

Make a pattern on a round surface indexable

I have a timing gear, which I created a square for the .250 end mill, then created a pattern for 6 slots at 60 degrees. That's fine, but I need to be able to change the anchor point (19 degrees) and have the entire pattern rotate without it loosing their dimensions or orientation. No matter how...
  4. R

Reference Lines in 2D Drawing

In my 3D design work space, I have numerous reference line that must be shown on the 2D drawing, but Alibre randomly shows what it wants to and an incomplete picture. Below should be a dotted reference line every 60 degrees. How do I get my nice dotted reference lines back on the drawing?
  5. R

Sheet Metal - Flange Error

I'm designing a gutter to catch drippings. I first designed it with no slope to it and everything went fine. Then I started all over and I put a 1/2" slope from one end to the other. I have two issues, most likely related. When I do this this, I want a 5/8" flange at 45 degrees on the free...
  6. R

Sheet Metal Bracket

How do I make this in sheet metal? I draw the curves and try to tab it but I never get the desired affect. I was trying to make the radius the tab and each ear a flange, but I never could generate the tab properly.
  7. R

Setting General defaults

I'm trying to set Mass to read in Pounds instead of KG. I do this, then click the box on the bottom to set as default for all parts.... But I find I have to do every part I load like that anyways. How do I set the system wide default for each new part I create or load? Is there a way to set...
  8. R

Alibre 2018.2 Icon

The icon which is displayed to an associated file type is no longer shown. It actually quit working when updating to 2018.1 and when installing 2018.2 it never fixed it. So this means that any Alibre related file or shortcut shows up as a blank page as shown below. I have my mouse pointed at...
  9. R

Remembering last folder....

Here is an easy one. When using the File->Export menu, why can't the last folder be selected as default like File->Open or File->Save? It's pretty annoying that I have to drill thru the directory tree each time. Also, anyway to remember the last export selection as well?
  10. R

Flange on radius bend

Is there a way to create a curved flange on a radius? I have a 3 sided box with 90 degree corners. Each corner has a 5" radius. There is a 1/2" flange all the way around on 3 sides. I can create flanges on straight portions, but I can't seem to create any on the radius corners. Richard
  11. R

Problems with contour flange

I've been fighting contour flanges for awhile now. Sometimes I can get them to work but other times I continue to get the error they are not valid sketches. It says it's under defined but I have dimensions every possible place, I think. Can anyone tell me what I got going on with this sketch...
  12. R

First whack at Alibre BOM

I have an assembly that consists of many sub assemblies. When I insert a BOM for the main assembly, it lists all the individual parts that make up each sub assembly. What I rather see is a BOM listing only the parts of the main assembly and only the part number of each sub assembly rather the...
  13. R

Can a sheet contain views from parts and models

How can I import views to a drawing from different models? If I add a view, it always opens the same assembly. If I have design open with a part, and make a drawing, it creates a new sheet. What I have is a drawing of an assembly, and I'm displaying items from a BOM (not alibre BOM) using...
  14. R

Assembly Drawings

Is there a way I can get Standard, flat views of my assembly? All views I select are tilted at angles and such and I need straight views for these particular drawings. In other words, views like I would have of a part and not assembly. Thanks, Richard
  15. R

Export to DWG

When I export an 2D drawing to a Autocad 2007 DWG all the text, labels, notes are much larger than they are in the original drawing. See the attached PDF of where the information in the revision table runs off the template "RWS" is even outside the borders. Is there a way to avoid or correct...
  16. R

2D drawings - Hiding lines

When creating a 2D drawing from a 3D model, the drawing shows the objects on the opposite side (background) thru any holes or cutouts and although it's realistic, it makes the drawing cluttered and confusing. Is there a way to only show the items on the side I'm working with and not showing...
  17. R

Corrupt File

Alibre Expert 2011 I spent a couple of days building up parts then the final assembly. Everything *was* great until I changed the color of one of my parts and saved it. When I tried to open it again, I get "Can not Insert from the file system - the file "path - Filename" could not be found -...
  18. R

Drawing Templates

If I have common shapes that I want to layout on my part during the 2D drawing and design portion, is there a way I can draw the shape outline 1 time and save it so I do not have to keep drawing them all the time? Think sheetmetal work with common hole shapes such as DB9-DB37 connectors and...
  19. R

Printing to scale on multiple pages

I generally make my front panels in paper mach ups and when I'm satisfied I move my design over to CAM and cut the parts. On designs that will not fit on one sheet, I allow them to print to scale on multiple sheets then just splice my paper. In Alibre, I have not been able to get a drawing to...
  20. R

Templates

Currently in Alibre Design Expert 2011, I'm in 2D mode laying out a front panel. I have numerous pushbuttons, lamps, and connectors to add to this panel. I'd like to make a 2D template of each item, the outline of the item as a reference figure, then the mounting holes as features. I'd like...